My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I've had my Compass for just three weeks and I mostly love it. It's got to go back to the dealer next week so that they can replace the radio which has eaten a CD (The Travelling Wilburys) and refuses to give it back. I have another problem I'm going to ask them to look at; I live in the UK so the car, like most others in the UK has a manual gear shift, the clutch pedal however is very stiff and needs a huge amount of effort to depress it, leaving me with a permanently sore foot! Has anyone else out there with a manual gearshift had the same problem?

·
Registered
208 Posts
My brother has a patriot with a 5 speed with no issues..

I asume yours is a diesel model?

I wonder if the setup is the same, as ours here are of course the 2.4l or 2l gas engines.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine has a 2.0 diesel engine which is sourced from Volkswagen and has a six speed manual gearbox, so things are obviously different on the version sold over here. I'll be at the dealership on Tuesday, so watch this space for what will hopefully be a simple solution!

·
Registered
656 Posts
7700+km & loving the clutch! :!:
:D -[OIIIIIIO]- :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
andyup said:
Mine has a 2.0 diesel engine which is sourced from Volkswagen and has a six speed manual gearbox, so things are obviously different on the version sold over here. I'll be at the dealership on Tuesday, so watch this space for what will hopefully be a simple solution!
I have the same car, and I think I know what you're talking about. When I drive with my shoes on, I don't notice it - without them though, it's a bit of an effort to use the clutch. I've never owned a diesel engine car before though, so I figured it was normal?? I might ask the dealer when I get mine in for it's first real service in a few weeks.

·
Registered
204 Posts
The clutch return is basiclly a sping under the peddal. I can't see why they wouldn't be able to release some of the tension on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts