My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been 4 months since I purchased my Compass and the spare tire kit is still not available.

Is there a site where I can just order a cheap rim & tire and make my own spare tire kit?

Mike

·
Registered
206 Posts
I would check eBay. Also check with auto salvage yards. Just a note Jeep Renegade wheels and jack are the same.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Not certain jeep compass spare and jack are same as renegade

I am not 100% certain all the components of the Renegade and new Compass are identical. I have a 2018 Compass, my daughter has a 2016 Renegade. I am certain that when I tried to use something on the other vehicle, it didn't fit properly. Unfortunately, I cannot recall if it was the jack or tire, and from which car it was. (As she now lives several hundred miles away, cannot check on this.) Note that my daughter's Renegade Spare Tire Kit came with a temporary spare - my Compass' kit was a full size spare tire on a steel wheel.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I obtained a spare tire from a Renegade that the local salvage yard sourced from another yard and it did not fit. The bolt pattern matched, but the overall diameter of the bolts was off. Was able to return the tire.

·
Registered
206 Posts
That is all very interesting. My neighbors 2016 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk and my Compass Trailhawk have identical Tires wheels and Jack.
Maybe because they are Trailhawks. Bolt size and Bolt patterns are identical also. And When I looked up lug bolts and Wheels on any aftermarket web site they list identical sizes for the Compass and Renegade. Maybe some people are getting confused with the old style compass which would be different.

·
Registered
206 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Mine was on backorder for about 5-6 months but worth the wait, one thing that will bite you in the end is the shipping. When I was looking the shipping costs about $50 so youll be into a spare for about $300 usually. Thankfully the place I purchased mine from was free shipping on anything over $50. If I remember right I was into the full size spare kit for $245 to my door

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The ebay item is sold already.

I placed an order with the above link, it did not indicate that it was not in stock so I hope it doesn't show that now that I placed the order. I do have to pay $50 for shipping, but it had a $45 discount so it will balance out for the most part. The paypal receipt shows it to be Mopar Parts, so I am guessing it will be on backorder.

I should know shortly what the story is.

Mike

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did not get an email confirmation yet, so I sent them a message about it. I did use Paypal so I copied the text from the receipt in the contact form.

Mike

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I did get an email back from Mopar Parts. Something happened that my payment went on the wrong account and they fixed it. He sent me an order confirmation and told me its on backorder until 8/20. Well at least now I have an idea when I will get it. Its less then 3 weeks from now so that won't be too bad.

I was glad to see they responded to my email in a timely manor.

Mike

·
Registered
110 Posts
Fortunately my Compass had the spare option when I bought it however I did have to recently create a kit for one of my other cars. The Discount/Americas Tire site had the low cost tire and rim I needed ($140) and I was able to source a jack setup from the local auto parts store. Helps to know the stock size, lug pattern and offset to ensure picking the right setup.

I can measure my trucks factory spare information for anyone that needs it...however it is a FWD sport model with the sport appearance group which has the 215/65 x 16 inch tires.

Baja-D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Literally disgusted. Was unaware when buying a new vehicle they don't bother to tell you OR EVEN ask if you'd like a spare tire kit? I was stuck roadside today with a punctured tire. Unable to get my Jeep roadside assistance to be OF any help; had to rely on AAA to tow my vehicle; unable to make it to tire shop or dealership before closing. Now missing work due to the most inconvenient, ridiculous thing ever. No fix a flat, air compressor or plug would fix the puncture in my tire, and I call BULL$H!T ON Jeep for this. I am capable of changing a tire, but with no spare; donut or jack, forced to have my vehicle towed. Whose brilliant idea was this stupidity?! What ever happened to safety? I rely on my vehicle and this is completely absurd.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I agree with you! It's all for the sake of weight reduction/higher MPG. I was aware before I purchased our Latitude and would only consider one that had the optional spare tire. Hope I never need it but at least it's there if I do.

·
Registered
22 Posts
FYI
16" and larger rims for Chevrolet HHR should fit the second generation Compass without any clearance problems. I have a set of 17" OEM rims from my 2006 Chevy HHR LT2 leftover after it was totaled. Same center bore, bolt spacing and bolt diameter. I mounted on my 2019 Compass and checked fitment - no clearance issues. I just need to buy the correct tire size.
Most of the Chevy Cobalts used the same wheels as the HHR so that should open up more possibilities of finding wheels that fit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just received my Safety Roadside Kit PN 82214638AD yesterday after a 2 year wait. Opened the box today and found that they sent me a full size tire and rim.
The factory tire size on my 2018 Compass Sport is 215/65R16 and the factory rim is 16". Whenever I ordered it on the MOPAR website I even gave them my VIN so that it would be the correct part.
What they sent to me is a 225/60R17 full size tire and a full size 17" steel rim.
This is totally useless to me and cost me $430.00.

Regards,
SmallFoot

·
977 Posts
Just received my Safety Roadside Kit PN 82214638AD yesterday after a 2 year wait. Opened the box today and found that they sent me a full size tire and rim.
The factory tire size on my 2018 Compass Sport is 215/65R16 and the factory rim is 16". Whenever I ordered it on the MOPAR website I even gave them my VIN so that it would be the correct part.
What they sent to me is a 225/60R17 full size tire and a full size 17" steel rim.
This is totally useless to me and cost me $430.00.

Regards,
SmallFoot
First off, welcome to our owners site!

As for your incorrect product, if they didn't give you what you ordered then make them take it back. No reason you should have to eat $430 worth of rubber you don't want

BTW we are not affiliated with FCA but JeepCares does monitor this website so they may help if you have trouble returning it. You can reach out to them via PM (what this site calls a 'conversation'), or maybe they will catch this post and reach out to you.

I ordered a spare tire kit for my Compass a few weeks ago but I'm told it will be summer before it comes in. That's a lot faster than 2 years, but still a long time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I will surely return it if they will pay the shipping. I am not about to fork over another $100+ to ship a tire and rim to them. It is their mistake, not mine.
I have contacted MOPAR support by email this morning and explained the situation. I will await their response and go from there.
I suspect that their cost of the tire and rim are much less than the combined shipping to and fro.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
For what its worth, I am still waiting for my spare tire kit that I ordered back in AUGUST!

Mike

1 - 20 of 21 Posts