My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2017 Jeep Compass has been at the dealership approximately 9 weeks since late January 2022. An alarm "Stop Safely Vehicle Will Shut Off Soon" started coming. This usually includes a battery light.

The first time at the dealership resulted in me buying all new batteries. No alarm for a couple of weeks. My daughter ended up stranded twice afterwards.

The second trip to the dealership resulted in them repairing a wire that appeared to be a short. No alarm for a couple of weeks. I then took over the Jeep. I got away with turning the car off and then back on and it would usually clear the alarm. Also consistently turned off start stop feature. Noticed that the touch screen was hot to the touch if on with music playing. I turned off the screen and music as well. No plugging in cell phones to be charged either. This was better than nothing. Last Friday the alarm came back in but this time I could not clear it and other alarms started coming including audio and the transmission. When I tried to restart to get out of the road, the transmission made a clunk noise as I was shifting into drive. The car is back to the dealer now for other month.

This jeep has 40K and still smells like a new car. We owe 7K plus insurance on a car that we cannot drive. I contacted the Jeep assist folks and they have been friendly and responsive but I seriously think there is no way to repair this car. We bought this car for my daughter with 4K (used) and all manufacturer warranties in the summer of 2019 so I doubt anyone is going to help us.

I wanted to put this message out for potential Jeep Compass buyers and also to try and see if anyone else has went through this same problem. Sorry to be negative but I have never went through such a nightmare.

· Registered
2 Posts
May I ask what was the end result; similar situation.
même situation !!!😩 48000 km au compteur et on a changé mon alternateur en août 2022 et la plus petite batterie en novembre 2022 mais après 1 mois le même problème revient toujours ! Multitudes d’alertes dans le tableau de bord, panne sur la route ! Pu confiance que je vais me rendre à destination!!! Avez vous du nouveau pour vos cas ?

· Registered
2 Posts
I had the same problem. 2018 Jeep Compass, 42k miles. I was at an intersection and the message just randomly showed up on the screen. The red light turned green, the car did not budge. The car did not go after putting the car in park to drive and back. Turned the car off and on, pressed the E-Brake button to turn it off and on and still nothing. I was rear ended pretty severely although my hazards were on. The car was now deemed a total loss and we are probably going to have to pay the difference out of pocket because we did not have GAP. This is a DANGEROUS issue, please be aware.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts