My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 Compass the vehicle had sat for a while 3 months due to a real bad lwr cntrl arm and i didnt fell like doing them .. So lower control arms and new rotors and pads done and was out today and out of the blue when pulling away from a stop when there was this loud grinding noise and the vehicle seem to hold back on itself sounded like center front .I pulled into a gas station and put it in park then drive and the noise was gone?? This thing had a tranny problem last year that it would over heat but never a noise and randomly hung in low gear until you stopped and went into park then drive and it was all good.The rf inner cv boot has been ripped for some time but no noise from it at all ?????

·
Registered
272 Posts
Now that's really odd, but after sitting for that long of a period, it makes sense that you'll hear quite the amount of noises and grinding sounds when you first take it out for a drive. I would drive it around a little bit and let it all loosen back up again and then see what you hear or what behavior it has

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it was some serious grinding gears like noise not something from sitting IE brakes bushings etc it was either tranny or cv joints but hasnt happened again but was bad enough we cancelled taking the jeep on a trip 100 miles .You would have sworn someone threw a bunch of metal and gears and rocks in a bag and started dragging it under the thing and loss momentum too

·
Registered
272 Posts
That's really quite odd and worrisome..

I guess if it hasn't happened again, try to keep the commutes local and try to keep an ear out for anything unfamiliar?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It appears that for some reason the rear brakes are coming on at random at least one side for sure which sent a lot of noise forward the first time it happened will check the sliders and see but weird
???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts