My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I accidently somehow stripped the hole for the engine cover on my new 2022 jeep compass when i was cleaning the engine bay. Any way to fix this? I really hate myself right now.

It looks like it can be replaced by another screw hole insert but im not sure.
Photograph Automotive tire White Light Hood

· Registered
437 Posts
That is a different setup than what is on my 2018. I have a tapped hole in the valve cover casting. Looks like yours is an insert that may be replaceable or try a longer bolt/screw. The thread size is 6m-1.0 and about 15mm(5/8") deep on mine. I made up a "wing" bolt so I didn't need any tools to take the cover off.
Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Carbon

· Registered
363 Posts
Kind of interesting my Trailhawk does not even have that. My cover is held down with the plastic male ends going into the rubber gourmets. No screws or anyplace to even put a screw. Must have added this sometime after mine was built.

· Registered
437 Posts
Kind of interesting my Trailhawk does not even have that. My cover is held down with the plastic male ends going into the rubber gourmets. No screws or anyplace to even put a screw. Must have added this sometime after mine was built.
My 2018 has 1 bolt and 3 rubber grommets holding the cover on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts