My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got an aftermarket strut tower brace. Its Aluminium with steel brackets and seemed a bit generic but the price was right. Looks similar to ones I have seen on eBay. Had it installed at a friendly garage, and it looks pretty nice...

So far I've done a bit of everything, some 160k on freeway, some scraping (slightly phew) on big ruts:nervous:, and regular city driving/bike dodging. I have to say this is a great mod for handling! The effect is more noticeable than I expected, for USD$50,:):) and the front end feels like a solid frame. Steering responsiveness is much better. I guess I mean the car will turn better at higher speeds, and with less sway. The whole front end acts and feels like one and feels much better to drive. For this price I am impressed, its a solid brace.

Check out the pics, I would strongly recommend this mod. I wouldnt fork out the USD$500 they want for the Mopar one here.. Maybe if I had a GC SRT8:D.... But defo worth 100-150 bucks. Put it this way, my wife said its way better to drive!

Attachments

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Well there's a catch there, see my location? Yeah some things are nice and cheap... but if I want Mopar/US parts there's between 30-100% markup on what you US/Canada guys can get... so it has its downsides. Isnt the DC sports one $100? The DC sports one looks heavier/stronger so that may be a good option.

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=13306300796

There's the link if you can open it. Prices are in CNY. Add a bit for shipping.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts