My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I changed out the brakes on my 2017 Gen 2 Compass so that I could save a little money on maintenance costs and pass the state inspection. I put it in brake service mode to remove the rear brakes. Now it is stuck in brake service mode and the parking brake will not engage. It drives fine, but I have to set it in 1st gear when I park so that it will not roll away.. I took it to the local auto shop and it is showing the following codes, C10EB-00 Right Park Brake Actuator and C2222-68 improper power down event information. My basic Autel code reader didn’t show any codes, but the fancy Autel tablet at the auto shop did go figure.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to clear these codes/get the vehicle out of brake service mode/fix this parking brake issue? Any help is much appreciated!

note: I have tried pressing the brake pedal and engaging the parking brake many times like the screen tells me to, but this does nothing! I am hoping there is a solution out there that doesn’t involve bringing it in to the dealership. With the steep price of fuel these days I am really trying to cut costs where I can.

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi ,
The owner's manual quote : the parking brake can also be released automatically with the engine running and a gear engaged , release the brake pedal and -Fully depress the accelerator pedal. For safety reason ,you must wear the seat belt.
IN ORDER-
Seat belt , then foot on the brake, then on R or D then briefly on the gas pedal it should work.
Sorry ,I have no ideas how to clear the codes
; but may be the second one is the 1st gear engaged ;while shutting off the car.Can the seat belt be taken as a right brake actuator ,?.The gas pedal is in it also for something.
Hope this helps and will reset something .Yes;we need to be united against growing costs and more.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I would check the wires and connection on the Actuator. They could have become disconnected or a pinched wire.
Arm Camera accessory Gadget Font Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey I am having the same issue, after doing the brakes on my compass. Have you been able to figure out a fix?
I changed out the brakes on my 2017 Gen 2 Compass so that I could save a little money on maintenance costs and pass the state inspection. I put it in brake service mode to remove the rear brakes. Now it is stuck in brake service mode and the parking brake will not engage. It drives fine, but I have to set it in 1st gear when I park so that it will not roll away.. I took it to the local auto shop and it is showing the following codes, C10EB-00 Right Park Brake Actuator and C2222-68 improper power down event information. My basic Autel code reader didn’t show any codes, but the fancy Autel tablet at the auto shop did go figure.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to clear these codes/get the vehicle out of brake service mode/fix this parking brake issue? Any help is much appreciated!

note: I have tried pressing the brake pedal and engaging the parking brake many times like the screen tells me to, but this does nothing! I am hoping there is a solution out there that doesn’t involve bringing it in to the dealership. With the steep price of fuel these days I am really trying to cut costs where I can.
hey just did the brakes on my compass and am going through the same issue. Where you able to find a fix?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry for the late response. I got busy with school, but school is out for Summer and I’m going to fix the brake issue on my Compass. I took it to the local jeep dealer and after charging me $66 just to look at it, those crooks quoted me $730.00 parts and labor to fix my issue. I just purchased the mopar service manual for the vehicle and I intend to fix the issue myself if possible. I wonder if I actually need all 3 parts listed on this sheet? At this point, I may end up buying all 3 parts to see if that fixes the issue. Any advice is appreciated!
Font Rectangle Sky Publication Office supplies
I b
Rectangle Tree Wood Font Parallel

·
Registered
2 Posts
based on the fact that you have the same codes I had. I would say it is likely that it is not a hardware failure. Instead the electric ebrake had an improper shut down causing the system to not know where the brake is in its travel there for going into a faulted state. If this is the case and there isn’t actually a broken part, the fix would be asking the dealer (maybe a different one) to do an ebrake position relearn. I had this done by the dealer and it works totally fine now. You may need to go directly to a Stellantis dealer since they are probably the only ones with the special equipment to run this relearn.
Good luck with the fix!

·
Registered
325 Posts
That dealer is trying rip you off.
I would try this if you haven't all ready. Just disconnect your negative battery cable for 5 to 10 minutes.
That may trigger a reset for your emergency brake. It free so worth a try?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts