My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't get the left front tire off of my Compass. I checked all the lug nuts three times and it won't budge. I just replaced the tie rod end on the right so I don't think I'm a complete idiot but I sure feel like one. Help anyone?

·
Registered
656 Posts
You are on the opposite side of the car, are you turning the nuts the opposite direction?
(joking)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sure it's something almost as simple. Does the '07 Compass limited have any type of wheel lock that I am missing?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can't get tire off '07 compass limited

I removed the lugnuts and I can't get my front left tire off, it won't budge. Is their any type of wheel lock that I am missing?? Feeling pretty stupid right now and I could use some help.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Locking lug nut

I'm sure it's something almost as simple. Does the '07 Compass limited have any type of wheel lock that I am missing?
Mine came with a locking lug nut for each wheel, but it is very obviously different.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks for the help, I did get the wheel off with a few swift kicks.
So when you put it on use a wire brush and clean up the area on the rim where the hub meets the rim. Then use a very light coat of anti-seize on the rim. It will never seize again. I have seen people ruin rims trying to get them off because they are so corroded on there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts