My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I'm new to any kind of forum like this, but I am glad to have stumbled upon this to read many informative threads! I just bought a 2018 Jeep Compass Latitude (upgrading from a 99 Camry), so I know very little about customization of cars, because I didn't really have a reason to trick out a 99 Camry. The first thing I wanted to do was get new rims/wheels on the black Jeep; it's 17 inches with 7 inch alloy stock right now. I would want to get maybe an inch bigger, because 17 inches just seems to small for me. So here are some of the questions I have

1) Whats the largest size of wheels I can get without lifting up the Jeep?
2) Where did you get your wheels from and where did you go to get them installed?

Basically, I'm a real beginner about this and would like some guidance.

·
Registered
114 Posts
First, congrats on joining the Compass family!!
Second, I think you've come to the right place. I've seen quite a few folks on here upgrading rims and tires. I'm personally sticking with my rims, and even though I'm new to THIS group, I'm in a similar group for '67-'72 Ford trucks that has helped me immensely in fixing up my old truck. Generally speaking, if you ask, answers will come!
Welcome!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First, congrats on joining the Compass family!!
Second, I think you've come to the right place. I've seen quite a few folks on here upgrading rims and tires. I'm personally sticking with my rims, and even though I'm new to THIS group, I'm in a similar group for '67-'72 Ford trucks that has helped me immensely in fixing up my old truck. Generally speaking, if you ask, answers will come!
Welcome!
Thanks for the warm welcome, and I will definitely be keeping an open eye for other people and their upgrades!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hello everyone,

I'm new to any kind of forum like this, but I am glad to have stumbled upon this to read many informative threads! I just bought a 2018 Jeep Compass Latitude (upgrading from a 99 Camry), so I know very little about customization of cars, because I didn't really have a reason to trick out a 99 Camry. The first thing I wanted to do was get new rims/wheels on the black Jeep; it's 17 inches with 7 inch alloy stock right now. I would want to get maybe an inch bigger, because 17 inches just seems to small for me. So here are some of the questions I have

1) Whats the largest size of wheels I can get without lifting up the Jeep?
2) Where did you get your wheels from and where did you go to get them installed?

Basically, I'm a real beginner about this and would like some guidance.
My guess is the 19" that you can get upgraded on the Limited. Without a serious lift I am not sure a lift would help much as the rear tires are offset from the wheel well which means that even if you increase the top height it wouldn't necessarily give you room on the sides. Obviously I am thinking when keeping the sidewall profile close to what they are. You could probably go bigger with rubber band around the rim, but I am not sure how good that would look (and would suck in MI where I live).

·
Registered
68 Posts
we have 215/55/R18 tires on - they are great

keep in mind as you change things it may impact your speedometer and such too

·
Registered
60 Posts
Congrats on your new Compass! I have 20 x 8.5 wheels with 38 offset and 245/40/20 tires on mine. I attached a pic that was taken right after they were installed, so you can see the amount of space left in the wheel wells. I haven’t had any rubbing issues... even after recently changing my springs.

I would recommend going to your local wheel shop. They will be able to help you with EVERYTHING (ordering the correct wheel/tires, mounting/balancing, transferring TPS, etc). Hopefully, they will give you decent pricing, but you can always shop around. Good luck!

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts