My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I've got the '14 Limited with the 215 55 18 tires.

What are your recommendations for winter sizes?

I've called a few tire places and they all have given me different suggestions.

My thoughts, based on some comparison checking would be something like
215 60 17
205 70 16

What are yours...?

:spinning:

·
Registered
286 Posts
I have 235/65/R17 on mine but I use AT all year the compass pretty good in the winter I drove in -50F here in Alaska in about 1-3 feet of snow and it did great no slipping I had to put in 4x4 when I went in deep snow though but hills was np

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Go with the 16" rims. It gives you more rubber between the road and rim. More tire choices and usually cost less than the sporty 17" solution.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I agree with tripplec also 16" or some 15" will work check on the forum here that extra rubber makes a diff if u aint got winter tires just don't drive like a crazy person and know ur limits most of the time ur be fine

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a question does neone knw a member that used 1.25 spacers on the front and 1.5s on the rear to make the fro t and rear look evenly flushed with the fenders and would it hurt to do it ?

·
Registered
286 Posts
i have 1.5 on front and back and they both look pretty flushed to me I have 235/65/17 the only reason u would need spacers is if u get wider wheels like I did with 235 to keep them away from ur strut so to answer your question no it wont hurt

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've put Dunlop's Grandtrek SJ6 225/70R16 on 7x16 rims a few days ago, after weeks of researching can't think of better all terrain snow-winter tire. Check those Russian tests on YT, unstoppable even in Siberia. No spacers, no rubbing, diameter larger only 3.85% than stock 215/55R18, pick the "16 rims wisely... Now waiting for some snow and fun to start :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
not sure if i'll buy a winter tire or just go with an all-season. any thoughts on Michelin Defenders? read some reviews that its good on snow. can i go without trouble if i get a 225/60/17?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have 235/65/r16 snow tires for the winter.
Cam off my old 98 T&CVan. I like the handling better with more rubber under me . Not so over sensitive.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts