My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mate i honestly think it looks pointless and silly. Does not look good in any way shape or form. I am being honest and that is just my opinion so please do not get offended.

At the end of the day its your car and your style so do as you please :) Fuck what haters like me think :D

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Mate i honestly think it looks pointless and silly. Does not look good in any way shape or form. I am being honest and that is just my opinion so please do not get offended.

At the end of the day its your car and your style so do as you please :) Fuck what haters like me think :D
I agree and since you have time. You want it looking nice. Get a Meguiar's Clay Bar kit and finishing Wax. The Jeep will look spectacular after you done. There is around five steps to finishing and takes about 5 hrs to do.
Pre Wash and remove any stuck on sap etc before clay bar uses with the lubricant, Waxing, buffing and finish liquid wax I believe. My son is into it and we did both our rides last year. Photos were posted here. The surface is so smooth everything will slide off. You can lean on it because you'll fall over sliding off as well.

When done you have a super clean ultra deep shinny surface. If its black it don't last long since it shows everything. I never figured out why people buy black and it gets so so hot as well.

http://en.meguiarscanada.ca/product/195

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, thanks guys I was about 50 50 with it. Im real picky on what my car looks like. Its plasti dip. So it can pill right off. Here are some more pictures. Sorry they might be side ways. I do appreciate the comments ;) I still hsve a couple projects line up so once everything is said and done we can take another look and see

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
That's the main advantage of plastidip. If you don't like the outcome, it can be peeled off easily. Anyways, looking forward to see your other projects. Good luck.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I just saw some plasti dip cans at my local hardware store, I think I might give them a try later on. I also saw plasti dip glossifier cans, I wonder how glossy they really are.

Anyways, check it out. This is the one I was telling you about, yours reminds me of this:

Looking good, i'd say.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. It does get glossy. Depends on how many coats you put on. But you have to be careful when you take the tape off. I got a utility knife. With NO pressure. Run it down along the tape where you want it cut at. Then use a putty mixer. Had edge but soft againt the paint. Go along the backside while you pill the tape. That process you want to do slow so if some of the plasti dip sticks. You can cut it away.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hi Robert,

The stripes look ok, like Mowgli's old Compass - but maybe you could try the mod I never got around to?

I was planning to get a vinyl stripe made up but I wish I'd made a template and tried it in PD!!

Would like to see someone get this done on their Compass

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey bedevil. I have seen something like thid and have given it a thought. But it had a mountain outline coming out the end. I do like tbat design

1 - 11 of 11 Posts