My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to share with one another's plan.....I'm asking what are your plans for the upcoming lazy summer days and nights ?????

I'll be on vacation in July and will travelling to New York city for a week with my wife and my 17 year old daughter......got a feeling I'll spend a bit more money on shopping........:)

As for the rest of the time we will be attending Montreal Jazz Festival.......this is always great and will be golfing, biking resting and enjoying life......

About the rest of you ??????

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Just to share with one another's plan.....I'm asking what are your plans for the upcoming lazy summer days and nights ?????

I'll be on vacation in July and will travelling to New York city for a week with my wife and my 17 year old daughter......got a feeling I'll spend a bit more money on shopping........:)

As for the rest of the time we will be attending Montreal Jazz Festival.......this is always great and will be golfing, biking resting and enjoying life......

About the rest of you ??????
I'll be in Montreal as well visiting my daughter and probably see some of the festival as well. This is the first trip for the Compass to Montreal.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I have 6 weddings to attend. Possibly some fishing if there is any more free time.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
No real "vacation" plans to speak of. I don't get my vacation time from work until the end of next month, but considering I work a week and am then off for a week, vacation time really doesn't matter. Took a road trip and went to Florida end of May for a few days with my Dad, so we'll probably plan a few more little trips like that. We like to pick a place neither of has been and just go. Hope y'all take a camera and get some pics! :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
186 Posts
Summer in New Orleans means stocking up on emergency food and waiting for the next evacuation notice. Could be for a hurricane or oil contamination or a little bit of both!:rolleyes:

Wonderful place to exist!:D (no one really "lives" down heah) We just wait to die!:eek:

I'm going to get an oil change for my Comp tomorrow so's I's be's ready to head North!:oops:

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sky said :
I'm going to get an oil change for my Comp tomorrow
Where to at the beach? :)........this one was too easy !!!! I just had too......
Seriously this oil spill is a disaster........at least your President reacted accordingly compare to the previous one..........

Hope all is fine in the French quarters of the US of A?

·
Registered
656 Posts
I will paddle . . . surprised?
Off to the wilds next week.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi Canoe,

What do you define the wilds as?
I used to summer on Memphremagog and parts of Vermont and New Hampshire.
Camping at the top of Jay peak can be really wild. Especially if your sleeping bag is 10 feet from a cliff.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Wilds

Hi Canoe,

What do you define the wilds as?
I used to summer on Memphremagog and parts of Vermont and New Hampshire.
Camping at the top of Jay peak can be really wild. Especially if your sleeping bag is 10 feet from a cliff.
Great view from top of Jay, spent time on the Long Trail, love the summit of Mt.Mansfield. Some time ago I decided paddling was more for me than hiking, something about carrying everything on my back all day.
"My" wilds are mainly Papineau Labelle, and LeVerendry, although not actually "wild" in the true sense of the word, still very unspoiled by people. I try to get back every chance I get.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Summer in New Orleans means stocking up on emergency food and waiting for the next evacuation notice. Could be for a hurricane or oil contamination or a little bit of both!:rolleyes:

Wonderful place to exist!:D (no one really "lives" down heah) We just wait to die!:eek:

I'm going to get an oil change for my Comp tomorrow so's I's be's ready to head North!:oops:
LOL, it's not quite that bad haha, well besides the sweltering heat and humidity, oh, and the mosquitoes, too! They're calling for an active hurricane season Sky, guess I need to start gearing up as well, but a storm in the gulf before the relief wells are complete would be one ugly mess, bigger than what we have now! :(

- Cherokee

·
Registered
656 Posts
New Perspective

You really put the summer in a different light.
My heart goes out to all in the Gulf, having to sit back and watch the destruction of our valuable wet lands.
Last week I a couple of students were griping about being turned away at the American Border. They intended to go "volunteer" to help where ever they could with the cleaning and saving of the wet lands and animals. They were questioned for more then six hours before ultimately being denied entry to the USA.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I2, the feds (North) want Louisiana to die! The Civil War actually never ended!

They're disappointed that Katrina didn't do a better job!

Perhaps it's our legacy for being so damned stupid doun heah.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
You really put the summer in a different light.
My heart goes out to all in the Gulf, having to sit back and watch the destruction of our valuable wet lands.
Last week I a couple of students were griping about being turned away at the American Border. They intended to go "volunteer" to help where ever they could with the cleaning and saving of the wet lands and animals. They were questioned for more then six hours before ultimately being denied entry to the USA.
That is sad, but, unfortunately, true. We have so many vessels from many countries around the world at our disposal, yet NOT ONE of them has been allowed to be put to work! Yet, someone applauded our president the other day for his "response" to this and how it was better than what the last president would have done. The nerve to say something like that, when, in the face of this and Katrina, the PEOPLE OF LOUISIANA have been the first and best response on the scene! Just another No-win for No-Bama.....:(

Sky, I don't necessarily agree with that thought, but I can see where you're coming from! I don't know too many people here that aren't angry, but I think Katrina had an even worse effect than the actual storm, it created a sense of entitlement on the part of some, whereas the rest of us would rather just handle it ourselves than give the government something else to meddle in and totally mess up!

- Cherokee

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cherokee said :
Yet, someone applauded our president the other day for his "response" to this and how it was better than what the last president would have done. The nerve to say something like that
I'm the one that said that with the information we are getting up here........I apologize if I offended anyone as i believe the people will pull through like usual........goverment is there only to make it look good anyway !!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Cherokee said :

I'm the one that said that with the information we are getting up here........I apologize if I offended anyone as i believe the people will pull through like usual........goverment is there only to make it look good anyway !!!!!
Oh no, Ffl, I didn't mean you!!! I hear these "talking heads" on tv say that all the time, that's what I was referring to, those "commentators" who talk incessantly about things they know absolutely nothing about, but at no time did anything you say offend me, so I sure hope you don't take it that way! Me, I'm just biding my time until election time 2012! :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm taking the Compass on it's first road trip the end of August. I got a week of leave so I'm driving it from San Diego, CA to Truckee, CA (Tahoe Area) this will all be after a K&N CAI upgrade.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Getting married at Niagara Falls in April, then in August/September either taking a Disney Cruise or going to Disney in Florida or California....!! :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts