My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
I think side curtain airbags are standard on the compass.. according to the canadian jeep site they are, and I didn't see them on the option list on the limited we just ordered.

:?:

I do not know if they are seat mounted or not however.

·
Registered
68 Posts
additional

side curtains are standard.

what echo is talkin about is a supplemental side airbag...not the curtain but an additional front seat only mounted air bag....it's positioned more for the torso then the curtain side airbags. think they are only avail if ordered and probably be a longer wait for sure.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Re: additional

CompassFan said:
side curtains are standard.

what echo is talkin about is a supplemental side airbag...not the curtain but an additional front seat only mounted air bag....it's positioned more for the torso then the curtain side airbags. think they are only avail if ordered and probably be a longer wait for sure.
I never saw that on the available option list.. Any idea what the cost would be? I never saw in the manual either.

I had them in my Forester I believe.

Ah well, missed the boat this time.

·
Registered
68 Posts
$$$

250 american dollars....y american you ask? good question. Its only an option on jeep.COM not jeep.CA. North and Limited only.

Probably only an option because of bylaws in particlar states?!? Just a guess. One state comes to mind for car bylaws...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CompassFan is correct, i ordered a compass the last week of oct, still dont have it yet, i figured maybe i could add the seat mounted airbags to my order , since it isnt done yet, but dont know if they are available now(they were not when i put the order in), guess ill check with the dealer tomorrow

·
Registered
208 Posts
I'm bracing for a 3 month wait for our order. The dealer said 8-10 weeks, which I figure is optomistic.

:cry:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dealer had no idea if or when to seat airbags would be available, told him DC was contacted, and he knew right away what their answer was(ask the dealer)...........also, it looks like another 2 or 3 weeks until i get my compass, which would make it 8-9 weeks since i ordered it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts