My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2k10 Compass 4x4 with 58,000 KM to the speedo... warranty end in 2000 KM only and I have several rattles in the suspension (when hitting hole or bumps on road), I also feel like a "play" in the steering wheel, I mean the steering is not firm and I always have to move right/left to keep the Jeep in straight line...

This is my first Chrysler vehicle ever and I ear some very bad reviews on extremely poor quality suspension/drive-train components quality... I think this is probably my case! I bright back the Jeep to the dealership a few weeks ago, they replace a few bushing and it seem to decrease the rattle noise a little bit but not perfect and a few weeks later it come back.

Tomorrow I'm planning to give an other call to the dealership and probably speak louder that time...

But be honestly with me, do you think it is a waste of time the try to get the problem fixed completely? Maybe my expectations from the Jeep are too high? To be honest I previously drive a 2006 Toyota Matrix with 150K KM on it with no rattle at all...

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have 2k10 Compass 4x4 with 58,000 KM to the speedo... warranty end in 2000 KM only and I have several rattles in the suspension (when hitting hole or bumps on road), I also feel like a "play" in the steering wheel, I mean the steering is not firm and I always have to move right/left to keep the Jeep in straight line...

This is my first Chrysler vehicle ever and I ear some very bad reviews on extremely poor quality suspension/drive-train components quality... I think this is probably my case! I bright back the Jeep to the dealership a few weeks ago, they replace a few bushing and it seem to decrease the rattle noise a little bit but not perfect and a few weeks later it come back.

Tomorrow I'm planning to give an other call to the dealership and probably speak louder that time...

But be honestly with me, do you think it is a waste of time the try to get the problem fixed completely? Maybe my expectations from the Jeep are too high? To be honest I previously drive a 2006 Toyota Matrix with 150K KM on it with no rattle at all...
Not the same buy maybe helps....

Mine (2008) had noise when running over small bumps or not well paved roads. I change the both ball joints, and the problem stopped.
See my gallery, some pics in.

hope this helps.
rgards
:wjeep:

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Front end part wear out quick on many of these vehicles. Get it to the dealer its not up to you to trouble shoot it. Especially when the warranty is going. You'd be looking at $1000 dollars for what they'll be replacing. Control arm, inner/out tie rod ends etc all can be worn. Thats the front end and struts etc all can also fail front and back.

Get it in and have them document the problem then they still have to fix it if they don't get it the first time at it. Document everything that you feel is not right. Why? because you will pay for it afterwards and it isn't cheap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts