My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you believe it my warranty is up just 2 months and a "bloody" shock goes on the front suspension(oil all over the arch).so how about that for bad timing. While ordering a new one my mechanic was told there was a bit of a backlog on them as it seems to have happened to a few jeeps. What do you think of that guys. Anone else heard of this?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Would you believe it my warranty is up just 2 months and a "bloody" shock goes on the front suspension(oil all over the arch).so how about that for bad timing. While ordering a new one my mechanic was told there was a bit of a backlog on them as it seems to have happened to a few jeeps. What do you think of that guys. Anone else heard of this?
Do you take your Jeep off road often?

·
Registered
656 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Irish jeep

Hi guys, No never gone off road really. although some pretty bad backroads sometimes..but not enough to do damage i think. And have just clocked 56,000 km. And now gettin parts is becoming difficult ,the 2 nearest chrysler/jeep dealers are no longer that (saab & merc now) . So chrysler have even less of a presence here now! can anyone tell me who owns Jeep now, Is it still chrysler or this cerebrus group and what does this mean for the future of jeep /chrysler.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Dude, Chrysler/Jeep is still owned by Mopar. They haven't been sold off yet, but many of the Chrysler and Jeep dealerships have closed as result of forced closers of franchises.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Hi guys, And now gettin parts is becoming difficult ,the 2 nearest chrysler/jeep dealers are no longer that (saab & merc now) . So chrysler have even less of a presence here now! .
I can't imagine it should be more difficult to get current Jeep Compass parts then it is for me to get TR6 parts for my '75-TR.

·
Registered
5 Posts
jeep parts

I am worried too,I'm thinking to trade the compass in,all the stock from Ireland and UK is shipped back to US...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey vasile, parts can still be got from the ex dealers. Got my shock on monday. so thats good news. don't sell your compass man, they are a cool jeep and different to anything else on the road. And the way car prices are gone here now ,you won't get anywhere near what its worth!

·
Registered
348 Posts
I was going to offer my services to our Irish brothers and try and see if we could import parts to you guys direct from my dealer. That is if there is something you absolutely cannot get in country.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Stick with it and be glad you did

hey vasile, parts can still be got from the ex dealers. Got my shock on monday. so thats good news. don't sell your compass man, they are a cool jeep and different to anything else on the road. And the way car prices are gone here now ,you won't get anywhere near what its worth!
Perseverance . . . if you enjoy the ride, stay with it.
I have stuck with my TR6 since 1976, and after Triumph disappeared as a brand, followed by British Leyland the parts all but dried up.
Today, it is a different story . . . parts for the TR are more readily available then ever. There is still alot of NOS about, but I think you could build a new TR using only repro parts today.

Like I say, stick with it, maybe one day the Compass will become as sought over as a original Jeepster.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts