My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I grabbed some white LED replacement bulbs, bc I don't like the look of the Xenon headlights with the standard DRL bulbs...the manual says to turn the wheels and remove screws to the 'access door' - all I see is the water/splash guard/wheel well...and about 6+ screws to remove it. Is that really the easiest access point to swap these bulbs???

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
272 Posts
Have to ask considering there are a lot of people on here that own various years and everything gets posted in the same sections.

If that's what the manual says, I would presume that would be the easiest way to get to it. Have you taken a look at it yet? May not be as tedious as it sounds.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I grabbed some white LED replacement bulbs, bc I don't like the look of the Xenon headlights with the standard DRL bulbs...the manual says to turn the wheels and remove screws to the 'access door' - all I see is the water/splash guard/wheel well...and about 6+ screws to remove it. Is that really the easiest access point to swap these bulbs???

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk
Hey MyTtrailhawk, I have the Sport trim for the 2nd Gen and was looking to do a LED switch for the DRL and Low beams as well. Since you have the xenon headlights not sure if the bulb you used would be apples to apples with what I would need. I don't know if I could just swap it out or if I would need ballasts for them. Any idea?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts