My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all, after other attempts to get my daughters Compass running I am going to try a new/used cpu. I am getting mixed info on whether or not the cpu from the donor vehicle will need to be flashed in order to make it work in my daughters Jeep. Does anyone have any experience with this? If there is nothing at all wrong with the donor cars cpu, will it really need to be flashed?

FYI....I want to try this after all of this has already been looked at... http://www.myjeepcompass.com/forums/repairs-mechanical-problems-questions/21417-2007-compass-no-fuel.html

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Have you had it check for error codes. Really a first when common diagnostics don't reveal anything wrong. NOTE don't disconnect the battery as it will clear the codes and you're starting from scratch.

Jeeps electrics always been sensitive and the Compass is even more so with the TIPM instead of a standard Power Distribution system which contained relays and fuses. The TIPM is primarily all solid state relays control circuits and a few fuses for key subsystems. It is more likely to be the problem then the Main computer its.

But if I recall you pump is running but no pressure in the fuel rail. There has to be a pressure sensor on it somewhere. I don't have a manual to read further into this which should or does signal the pump to turn off/on most likely via the TIPM.

Good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yes...all have been checked. This is an ongoing problem. For the most part the TIPM is the computer when someone is talking about it from what I have found. All other items on the compass and Caliber have their own computer/controls. The TIPM controls just about everything and is what gets replaced and flashed at the dealer. Found all that info from looking at previous posts on this site and the Caliber site.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
The TIPM from what I understand can be programmed for sure to change default actions such as how long headlights stay on when unlocked/locked or flash when the FOB is pressed. But the default setting don't control the engine the main computer does that. I have had at least 5 installed by the dealer under warranty due to various electronic problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts