My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I just got done installing new front struts and swaybar links and bushings! I now have clunking noises coming from my front end. I am assuming it is the sway bar hitting the lower control arm because when I jack up the car to relieve some pressure on the suspension that the sway bar is making contact with the lower control arm. I am assuming it was doing this prior to replacing the front struts, but was covered up by the noise from hitting the bumps. Does anyone have any ideas as to what can fix this?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Did you confirm that the new struts and swaybar links are the same length as your old ones? I doubt it was doing this prior unless you've already had other mods in play such as a lift. From stock I can assure you the sway bars do not make contact with the LCA. I'd be guessing your links are the wrong size, either from a different trim (Trailhawk vs non) or whoever sold them to you possible gave the wrong ones.

But if you confirmed the length is the same as original then it must be something different. You could try an old link just to see. To get into it more we'd need to know what year, trim, what other suspension mods are in play, etc.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you confirm that the new struts and swaybar links are the same length as your old ones? I doubt it was doing this prior unless you've already had other mods in play such as a lift. From stock I can assure you the sway bars do not make contact with the LCA. I'd be guessing your links are the wrong size, either from a different trim (Trailhawk vs non) or whoever sold them to you possible gave the wrong ones.

But if you confirmed the length is the same as original then it must be something different. You could try an old link just to see. To get into it more we'd need to know what year, trim, what other suspension mods are in play, etc.
No suspension mods. 2012 Jeep Compass sport. I compared the old links with the new and and they looked to be the same length. The struts also appear to be the same.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No suspension mods. 2012 Jeep Compass sport. I compared the old links with the new and and they looked to be the same length. The struts also appear to be the same.
Also the struts I used were Monroe quick struts from orielly’s

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update, I replaced lower control arms, bushings, and ball joints. The problem was fixed!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts