My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 Compass. Looks like I will need the sway bar links replaced. If I have the extended Mopar warranty on the Compass, will this be a covered repair?

Thanks

·
Administrator
1,975 Posts
I don't know the details of your warranty, but most extended warranties only cover major drive train components, e.g. internal engine, transmission, and maybe differentials.

Regardless, you don't want the OEM parts, because they are plastic which is probably why they failed. There is a memo out that says they should be replaced with metal ones. Supply houses still have inventory of the plastic ones so be sure whoever does your repair gets the metal ones. Mine cost about $220 at an independent shop. Repair would probably cost a little more at a dealer.

Sway bar links are quickly finding their way to the top of the list of weak points in the 2nd gen Compass.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Yes they would be coved under warranty. I went through that and after replacing them twice, I went out and bought metal ones for the front and back and installed them myself. I have not had any issue since then. I installed them at 85,000 miles I now have 130,000. One thing nice about the metal one is they have a grease nipple so a shot of grease once a year and they are good.. My 2 cents anyway.
Here is a link to my prior post about them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2018 Compass. Looks like I will need the sway bar links replaced. If I have the extended Mopar warranty on the Compass, will this be a covered repair?

Thanks
Call in the VIN to check out the warranty status. I had to have mine replaced and was 1 month too late to fall under the warranty. Despite it only being 3 years old (and the warranty is for 3 years), it depends on when it was manufactured.

·
Administrator
1,975 Posts
Call in the VIN to check out the warranty status. I had to have mine replaced and was 1 month too late to fall under the warranty. Despite it only being 3 years old (and the warranty is for 3 years), it depends on when it was manufactured.
Really? Usually it's the date the vehicle was put in service, i.e., the actual date of sale to the end user. In my case my vehicle was less than 3 years in service, but way past the mileage limit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts