My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The outside temperature display on my 2019 Compass is tiny, almost microscopic. I'd like to know in a glance which side of freezing it is for my safety and peace of mind. On my 2018 Compass the temp display was nice and big.

Is there any way to make the temperature display larger on my 2019? I've fiddled with the settings but I can't seem to find a solution.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Mine is a small display along the top of the 7" UConnect but I think you can program the instrument cluster to also display the outside temp through the steering wheel buttons on the left.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Jeep Compass Latitude
248 Posts
The outside temperature display on my 2019 Compass is tiny, almost microscopic.
Are you referring to the temperature on the radio display, or in the dash?

The one on my radio is on the small side, but the one in the dash is easy for me to see:
(Note 102° is not a typical Vermont temperature!)

·
Super Moderator
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Are you referring to the temperature on the radio display, or in the dash?

The one on my radio is on the small side, but the one in the dash is easy for me to see:
(Note 102° is not a typical Vermont temperature!)
View attachment 13943
Thanks @georgef! I took a little time and played with the settings and discovered I could make the temperature appear as it does on yours. Actually I put mine in the right corner so my direction and temperature are opposite yours. I'd only fooled with the settings once before and didn't stumble on to that option.

My 2018 Compass had the smaller screen (no Sirius) and it gave me a bold temperature read-out in maybe one-inch numbers. This isn't as large but it's far easier to read than the tiny numbers on the touchscreen in my 2019.

·
Super Moderator
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've wondered the same.
Just bumping the thread so you see the solution. If you can't figure out how to do it just reply here and I'll post some instructions.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bumping the thread so you see the solution. If you can't figure out how to do it just reply here and I'll post some instructions.
Hello Jasmine,
I am having the same issue and cannot figure out how to make it appear on the display... Can you post some instructions please?
Thank you!!

·
Super Moderator
2019 Jeep Compass Latitude
248 Posts
Hello Jasmine,
I am having the same issue and cannot figure out how to make it appear on the display... Can you post some instructions please?
Thank you!!
I'm not Jasmine, but here's how I did it:

Using either the up or down arrow on the left side of the steering wheel scroll to the "Screen Setup" page then press OK:

Scroll to the position where you want to display the temperature, "Upper Left" in my case, then press OK:

Scroll to "Outside Temp" and press OK:

Press the left arrow to Exit.

·
Super Moderator
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome, Elisa! I got my solution from @georgef. His post above will work. It is also in the owners manual but frankly it is quicker and easier to ask someone on here!

·
Registered
29 Posts
What do you mean by "set?" As mentioned, to set it so the temperature shows in the center display (assuming you have the 7" color LCD Premium one, follow the instructions above. I'm not sure if the simpler display allows that, though. If you mean how do you set the time - it's done through the uConnect stereo, it's in the "Settings."

·
Super Moderator
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
. . . I'm not sure if the simpler display allows that, though . . .
I had the simpler display on my 2018 and the temp was nice and bold on the touch screen. My 2019 has the complex screen (wa-a-ay too complex) and the temp is tiny on the touch screen and only slightly larger on the instrument cluster. At least on the cluster it's closer so it's easier to read. See my original post above. That is what precipitated my question.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had the simpler display on my 2018 and the temp was nice and bold on the touch screen.
I wasn't sure if the 3.5" monochrome instrument cluster display could be set to display temp, not the 5" uConnect touch screen. We have the 7" uConnect, and yes, it's too small there (guessing the target market has younger/better eyes than I do).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts