My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:wjeep:

Well my son got a 2011 Wrangler this month . . . and well . . . as much as i love my Compass, I love the drive of the Wrangler sooo much that I am going today to see about buying the 2012.
It hurts a bit to contemplate trading the Compass, I had planned running it 10years, rust proofing it each season and lovingly caring for it . . . but . . . with a Kongo Cage rack, I see the Wrangler would probably do just as well carrying my canoe so we'll see what happens . . . how much value my Compass will have in the exchange and all.

·
Registered
171 Posts
The 2012 Wranglers are really nice. In fact, if I didn't have to drive 100 miles a day for work, I'd be trading in my 2011 compass!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Enjoy your compass

The 2012 Wranglers are really nice. In fact, if I didn't have to drive 100 miles a day for work, I'd be trading in my 2011 compass!
Enjoy your Compass my friend, mine is a fine vehicle, I was sitting in a 2011 today while shopping the Wrangler and the upgrades to the interior are really sweat (although I will always be be more fond of the original grill).

·
Registered
308 Posts
Which is your dealer i2canoe? Mine is Boulevard, although its not my local (thats Rive-Sud). Did you decide to order one?

I like the Wranglers but I think I should've made the stretch to a Grand Cherokee, it would make keeping it for 5 years more appealing! (I prefer 2 years per car!)

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Enjoying the ride

I must say . . . I am enjoying my ride today every bit as much as when I first got my Compass in '07.
That said, I put down my deposit and wrote up an order for the 2012 Wrangler.
I seem to remember it taking them nearly three months to get my '07 delivery . . . sure hope the Wrangler will be built quicker . . .
Meanwhile - the Compass is running fantastic, hope I won't have to install the snows.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the waiting game

My salesman let me know it will take more than 4 or 6 weeks to see the Wrangler I ordered. Looks like I will have to use the Compass with winter tyres again . . . maybe no Wrangler even before Xmas.
For now I have to keep driving the Compass with extra loving care, not to diminish the trade-in value.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Heh, they know snows are mandatory in Montreal. You should talk to them a see if they can deliever with snows on it (from the factory if possible) or dealer black rim package at a big discount. You'll need them don't you know until March I am sure.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Heh, they know snows are mandatory in Montreal. You should talk to them a see if they can deliever with snows on it (from the factory if possible) or dealer black rim package at a big discount. You'll need them don't you know until March I am sure.
Nice thought, my salesman said the tyres the Sahara comes with are legal for winter until 2014. Thanks for the thought.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Nice thought, my salesman said the tyres the Sahara comes with are legal for winter until 2014. Thanks for the thought.
Very good then, you're all set once you get it. It would be somewhat delinqent of them to have tires on it you can't legally drive off the lot with when they had it over to you. It would be interesting how that would be handled their in Montreal. Certainly for cars don't get winter tires from the factory or never used to.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very good then, you're all set once you get it. It would be somewhat delinqent of them to have tires on it you can't legally drive off the lot with when they had it over to you. It would be interesting how that would be handled their in Montreal. Certainly for cars don't get winter tires from the factory or never used to.
Interesting enough, my son bought a 2011 Wrangler in September (big push on the 2011's once the 2012's were arriving, and after the fact, like when he was taking delivery the sales man told that they would give him (free) winter tires when he brought the car in for service before winter.
-meanwhile they cheeped out on his roof. The Sahara is supposed to come with body colour top, his car is black, but iso of a nice shiny top they appear to have given his car a standard black top (with the bumpy finish) that had been treated with a shiny clear coat. He is still waiting it to be changed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts