My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it me? Or does anyone else think that feature of keeping the headlights illuminated for a min or so after you exit the car, a stupid rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Is there a way to turn that off?

·
Registered
19 Posts
i kno on my comp at least if u have the temp tire press time running fuel economy and km till empy feature.... mine under speedo...... when ur in park u scroll thru till it says personal setting or somethin like that push and hold... then scroll thru that and push and hold to chage anything u want... hope that helped i can try and explain in more detail if u need to me jsut msg

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
It is clearly documented in in owner's manual how to adjust it to your taste........look into it and let us know !!!!

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
I personally like it, especially at night.

- Cherokee

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Is it me? Or does anyone else think that feature of keeping the headlights illuminated for a min or so after you exit the car, a stupid rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Is there a way to turn that off?
It's timing is Dealer programmable unless you have the EVIC dash. Most don't but there are many parameter to programing them. As mine now since the TIPM replacement. Lock the car, they're off but if you open the back door or unlock and go in the lights go on and then time out after a while.

There are various situation but user changes to this is minimal. You can check the manual for but a few changes to them.

That and not being able to turn the fog lights on without the headlight switch on is also dumb IMO. they should have a independent switch so I can run them with the DRL which are always on.

Some of the designs must clearly be engineered by someone out of school and never owned a vehicle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts