My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this morning it had snowed a inch or so, but the temp was warm enough that the main roads were wet, and the side streets were slushy. I got home from work, and the drove my husband to his job. On the way there, while sitting at a stoplight, the engine stalled on me. Then at another stoplight, the engine started to stall, the jeep vibrated, but it didn't stall at that time. I dropped my husband off at work, and went on to run a number of errands, lots of stops along the way. Later this evening, I picked my husband up at work, we went out to dinner, and ran a few errands. No problem at all.

I'm thinking something got wet, maybe the distributor? We've had the Compass about 8 months, with about 4500 miles on the odometer. Has anyone else had this happen? Any ideas?

By the way, I just had an oil change done Monday at the dealer.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
When you say in the example stalled on you. You mean the engine quit. Was there and shuddering loss of power or did you loose driving power and it wouldn't move.

Thats not many miles on it. It likely electronic or sensor related. There may be codes in the computer but you should take it into a dealer and see if they can get any codes off it. I would be nervous if its not found and left stranded.

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
I agree with Trip (which is not easy these days.........LOL) .............bring her in for a close check up........might just be a glitch of some kind !!!!

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I agree with Trip (which is not easy these days.........LOL) .............bring her in for a close check up........might just be a glitch of some kind !!!!
LOL

You feeling the pain, no pun intended. LOL

There should be codes in that case or better be.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
LOL you guys. Barbara, have you been able to get it diagnosed yet?

- Cherokee

1 - 6 of 6 Posts