My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Things have been moving very fast for the Chrysler Group since May when news of the sale to Cerberus Capital Management first came out. There have been many questions and much speculation as to what the future of Chrysler would hold as it continues to make strides in the ever-shifting and increasingly competitive domestic car market.

Well, the deal is finalized and The New Chrysler is now, once again, an American company. To usher in this new era, we are pleased to announce the launch of a new Chrysler Corporate Website, click here.

This new website contains a great deal of information on the new company, be it details pertaining to the new Lifetime Powertrain Warranty or what to expect from their partnership with Cerberus. I would highly recommend taking a look at Chrysler’s new “manifesto,” which outlines their strategy for the next hundred years.

This is also where to go to find out “What’s Next” for Chrysler products and technology. They have information on the 2008 Dodge Challenger and the future of Chrysler’s Hybrid Hemi, FlexFuel and Diesel engines.

These are very exciting times for Chrysler and this is the best place to stay on top of the latest happenings as they develop. In the mean time, I’d be happy to answer any questions I can.

Thanks everyone let me know if I can help.

Sean T.
Chrysler Online Dialogue Representative

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oldmisery said:
Sean -
Can you explain why the new warranty policy does not apply to
Canadian customers ?
I actually don't have too much information on that, but I'll do some checking and get back to you if I get an answer.

In the mean time, I would point you in the direction of one of your Authorized Local Dealers.

I think they may have some more information.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Neely2005 said:
oldmisery said:
Sean -
Canadian customers ?
Yeah exactly!!! That really pisses me off!
:evil:
Honestly, I wish I would have bought my new car in the US.

Listen to me now and believe me later, witht he canadian dollar and better exchange, Canadian Chrysler dealers will see the hit.

Keep in mind we get payed back like this after CHRYSLER becomes the second biggest seller of vehicles in Canada. Not Ford, not Toyota.

·
Registered
360 Posts
ACX said:
Neely2005 said:
oldmisery said:
Sean -
Canadian customers ?
Yeah exactly!!! That really pisses me off!
Honestly, I wish I would have bought my new car in the US.

Listen to me now and believe me later, witht he canadian dollar and better exchange, Canadian Chrysler dealers will see the hit.

Keep in mind we get payed back like this after CHRYSLER becomes the second biggest seller of vehicles in Canada. Not Ford, not Toyota.

Yeah we're getting screwed on the Warranty and on the Pricing. They (Not just Chrysler) are pricing the vehicles as if the Canadian Dollar was worth 70 Cents US when in reality it's worth about 95 Cents US.

Check out this article:

http://torontosun.com/Money/Columnists/ ... 3-sun.html

:!:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oldmisery said:
Sean -
Canadian customers ?
Okay everybody, I have a little bit of information that could shine some light on the warranty woes.

I have been told that Chrysler does, in fact, plan on extending the warranty offered in the U.S. to our good friends up north. Apparently some regulatory issues are causing some problems, especially in some select provinces.

So the good news is, it's just a matter of working through the kinks. The bad news is, I'm not sure how long it will be.

I hope this helps.

- Sean T.

·
Registered
360 Posts
JeepInfoCenter said:
oldmisery said:
Sean -
Canadian customers ?
Okay everybody, I have a little bit of information that could shine some light on the warranty woes.

I have been told that Chrysler does, in fact, plan on extending the warranty offered in the U.S. to our good friends up north. Apparently some regulatory issues are causing some problems, especially in some select provinces.

So the good news is, it's just a matter of working through the kinks. The bad news is, I'm not sure how long it will be.

I hope this helps.

- Sean T.
I'm hoping that it's by mid-September as that as when I'm due to take delivery of my 2008 Jeep Compass.

:!:

·
Registered
360 Posts
JeepInfoCenter said:
oldmisery said:
Sean -
Canadian customers ?

I hope this helps.

- Sean T.
So what's the latest on the Unlimited Warranty for Canada?
:?:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Neely2005 said:
JeepInfoCenter said:
oldmisery said:
Sean -
Canadian customers ?

I hope this helps.

- Sean T.
No updates yet, but I've been told that things are moving forward. As soon as I know something, you will too.

- Sean T.

·
Registered
360 Posts
JeepInfoCenter said:
Neely2005 said:
JeepInfoCenter said:
oldmisery said:
Sean -
Canadian customers ?

I hope this helps.

- Sean T.
No updates yet, but I've been told that things are moving forward. As soon as I know something, you will too.

- Sean T.
Do you at least have an ETA? My Compass order has been delayed (due to Another parts shortage) and I'm thinking of cancelling and going with a GM product as they have a much better Canadian warranty.

·
Registered
127 Posts
you're kidding right?! dont go with gm :(

the gas consumption will never compare!!! And we all like the look of the Compass better...

·
Registered
360 Posts
mcatenacci said:
you're kidding right?! dont go with gm :(

the gas consumption will never compare!!! And we all like the look of the Compass better...
Yeah well I'm not very happy with Chrysler at the moment.
I was supposed to take delivery of my Compass on September 13th. Now it's not even going to get built until October 1st - at the earliest!
Plus I'm tired of companies treating Canada like a Second Class Market.
We're getting screwed on the pricing as our dollar is worth about 95 cents US but they're pricing the vehicles as if our dollar is worth 70 cents US.
Plus they're offering a far superior warranty in the US. At least GM Canada is offering 5 Year 160,000 Km warranty. Chrysler is only offering a 5 year 100,000 Km warranty. At the same time Chrysler is slapping Canadians in the face by offering a better warranty on the Exact same vehicles in the US.
Not to mention that I already got screwed by Chrysler on my 2002 warranty as they switched it from 5/100 to 7/115 about a month after I bought my 2002.
In addition I had to have my radiator replaced as the transmission cooling lines sheared off and Chrysler wouldn't cover it but I just found out that they started covering the exact same repair a few months after mine happened & now they won't reimburse me.
I like the Compass and have one on order but I'm beginning to rethink it as I'm tired of the way Chrysler is treating Canada. Especially since Chrysler is #2 in sales in Canada - which is much higher than they are in the US

·
Registered
80 Posts
neely ...

there has got to be a Compass or two in the Toronto area, sitting on some dealer's lot, that matches what you're looking for!! after all, Toronto is a pretty big city!!

Can you check inventory on jeep.ca? like you can on the us version?

I would definitely check it out, or go to your dealer and ask them to find you one ... they have the ability to swap vehicles with other dealers.

·
Registered
127 Posts
No, he wants the 2008, which I see his point on that. Perhaps I wouldn't have a leaky sunroof if I waited! ANYways... as for the second class market, we kind of are. Even though we are number 2 in Canada, The US has much higher sales than us because of their higher population, so I guess they get the good stuff first.

As for the pricing in terms of our dollar, most automakers do this as far as I know, not just Chrysler. Vehicles are just a lot cheaper in the states to begin with, but importing one would still screw us because of the taxes.

The whole warranty thing is probably not their fault, there are different regulations here and they are working on it, it's just a matter of time and being patient I guess. I was told 4-6 weeks for my Compass, waited over 10, they're just slow I guess!!!

I would be mad about all the past stuff you dealt with, but I'm sure there are similar things with other companies as well.

It would be good if they could give you an estimated time about the warranty, perhaps you could write a letter to head office addressing your concerns. If you're planning to keep this vehicle long term, then the lifetime powertrain warranty would be much better than the GM, assuming it will come some time soon!!!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Yeah I'm planning on keeping it a very long time. If they get the new warranty in Canada soon then I'll wait it out. Trust me I want to give my business to Chrysler but they don't seem to want to earn it. This will be the 10th Chrysler vehicle my family has bought since 1987. (If I go through with buying it)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Well then they better get cracking before they lose a valuable customer for life! I agree with you, they could've waited to release the warranty in both countries at least, we are North America, how hard could it be to work as hard getting the warranty in Canada as they did in the US? It better be soon... I lost out and I am keeping my Compass for a long time!! I'm just relying on the fact that since they are doing this new warranty, they must have a lot of faith in their vehicles, so I do too!

·
Registered
360 Posts
In the States you can buy the new warranty if you recently purchased your Chrysler product. I think it's about $750 US. There's info about it on the Jeep Patriot website.

·
Registered
127 Posts
OH we better get that too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be so pissed otherwise! I"ll write a letter if I have to haha

·
Registered
656 Posts
mcatenacci said:
Perhaps I wouldn't have a leaky sunroof if I waited!

Leaky sunroof :?: What up with that M :?: sunroofs aren't supposed to leak.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts