My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi dear friends,
I have 2008 Compass 2.4 CVT. LAst week, my wife forgot to switched off the front lights and the battery was totally dead in the morning. I managed to start the car with jump from another car and tried to recharge it by driving so long. Now the battery is OK, it works nice. But after that event now the fuel consumption jumped to the 20 litre for 100 km on the screen. Under the normal conditions, it is average 13 liter/100km. I couldn't figure it out. I checked the ECU with OBD2 tool, no problem message there. Whatever I did(driving so so calmly, resetting the screen, checking all the oils, etc.) couldn't get it lower and this makes we worried about it. By the way, there is no problem about the performance, it madly goes but I don't prefer this situation.
Is there anyone who has experienced this and can help me? I need those advices and ideas.
Thanks in advance.
P.S.: I couldn't figure out whether the statistics on the screen shows the reality or just the calculation is mistaken.

·
Registered
154 Posts
When the battery dies the computer resets itself. It basically has to relearn how to drive all over again. I would give it sometime before doing anything crazy.

·
1,036 Posts
It probably takes 300km for the ECM to re-learn your driving style. I think if you drove it nice and easy after the battery was disconnected it should give you good fuel economy; if you drove it hard it would give you better performance. It probably going to learn what you teach it. After a few hundred kms, it should be locked in unless you re-set it again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts