My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,

I joined the forum because I've decided to put some work into my Jeep. I'm 24 and I moved from Michigan to Texas and now have all the time in the world to do what I love the best; tinkering with cars. I'm a Mechanical Engineer and I spend most of my days building and designing diesel engines for Caterpillar.

Anyway, I have a Pearl White 2008 Jeep Compass Sport (2.4L CVT). I bought this used from a Marshaling Center with 11k miles on the car. The clutch was shot so I had the clutch and flywheel replaced. I didn't start any modifications until early this year when a few priorities were wiped off of my slate, giving me time to tinker.

I've done my own window tints. I have 5% Ultra Shield GILA tints on all of my windows, including the front two. I used leftover scrap to make an 8inch brow on the front windshield that fades to 4inches in the middle. I got tired of the Boston Acoustics system so I replaced the door speakers with Kicker 6x9 3-ways. I left the rear Kickers on the crossover amp, but re-wired the front Kickers to my radio. Speaking of that radio, I replaced the factory radio with a Pioneer AVH-P5200BT single-DIN screen. I've got here in my hands a Kicker DX1000.1 mono channel amp, and a 4ga. Tsunami amp kit with a capacitor and distribution block that I'm going to install this weekend. Finally found my subs that I wanted, so they're in the mail and should be here Friday. That amp is going to be powering 2 Kicker 12inch L5's in a ported box. I replaced the stock antenna with a shorter 10" rubber antenna. It's not the one I want but it was $6 so it serves as a temporary until I find a good one. AVS Vent Shades are in the mail too, they should be here tomorrow. I'll take pictures of everything since I don't have any now. I've got a K&N air filter under the hood, plus I'm also running on synthetic oil... and, I think that is about all I've got for now.

Future plans before Christmas are hopefully installing a K&N CAI and putting up a custom exhaust exit.

I feel like I said too much already, so I'll leave my intro at that. You know who I am and what I drive, so anything else you want to know, just ask!

SN

·
Registered
656 Posts
Welcome to the form, we wait to hear more about your mods & experiences.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum, glad to have you join us! Nice intro! Nice you're able to add some goodies to your Compass, look forward to those pics once you get your 15 posts in! Nice mod list, too, cool way to customize your ride! Look forward to talking to you and I hope you enjoy the site! :)

- Cherokee

1 - 4 of 4 Posts