My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I already have pictures of my lifted Compass in my garage but it now here's more!!! Here it is everyone! It's finally been done! This so far is the only picture of the Stage 1 "Super slider" rock slider rails, aftermarket slide plates, a rough and tough Adventure Rack roof rack and the Stage 1 push bar bumper.

The Stage 2 sliders will be a little wider and the Stage 2 front push bar will have a winch put in there. I'll show the Stage 2 pics once I receive my Compass.

Now I'm sure you all are asking by now, "How can I make my Compass like this? " Go to Off-Road Equipment for the Serious Enthusiast and search under the Compass/Patriot section. This is brand new equipment for them so keep looking because as of today October 25th 2012 they don't have the site updated.

Attachments

·
Registered
308 Posts
Looks excellent! I would like to get the sliders from there and maybe a lift. Light bar looks good too but no good on the 11's

More pics when you have them :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually BeDevil they are waiting for the owner of a 2011 Compass to drop theirs off at the shop to start modifications so you can start ordering part too. I just got my Compass back today with the winch and without the lights. I've ordered my own lights and will posting pictures as I go and as Rocky Mountain starts making more parts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Sounds promising, i'll keep a look out for what they come up with, thanks

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Alright so I already have pictures of my lifted Compass in my garage but it now here's more!!! Here it is everyone! It's finally been done! This so far is the only picture of the Stage 1 "Super slider" rock slider rails, aftermarket slide plates, a rough and tough Adventure Rack roof rack and the Stage 1 push bar bumper.

The Stage 2 sliders will be a little wider and the Stage 2 front push bar will have a winch put in there. I'll show the Stage 2 pics once I receive my Compass.

Now I'm sure you all are asking by now, "How can I make my Compass like this? " Go to Off-Road Equipment for the Serious Enthusiast and search under the Compass/Patriot section. This is brand new equipment for them so keep looking because as of today October 25th 2012 they don't have the site updated.
LOL, with all those lights I believe you'll exceed the capacity of the alternator. Might stall the engine or smoke the alternator.

Is that push bar mounted in the plastic front. I hope you have a cross member in behind it.

The Compass is no JEEP. Just be careful or the Calibre within will jump out and say ENOUGH ALREADY!!! :eyebrows::giggle::police::pat:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All of those lights have been added by Rocky Road Outfitters for looks. I do plan on adding my own lights but not near as high voltage as the ones they put on. I also plan on looking for a better alternator to power up the lights for when I do use them.

As for the roof rack they designed their own roof rack so it's stronger then the factory rack and it sits on top of the stock side rails.

The push bar on the front is bolted to the main cross member behind the plastic. Yes you will have to cut into the plastic and drill into the cross member. The winch designed for the Compass is built into a completely new cross member that you will use to replace from the stock one.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
A lot of wind drag on the roof line. I guess your gas is cheap for you.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
I think it looks AWESOME!!!!! Finally a Compass for the off road enthusiast! No, the Compass isn't built like the Wrangler but properly equipped, skid plates being a good idea, mild lift just to help with the approach/break over angles, the Compass is a very capable Jeep! Now to find a 175 amp alternator to fit and work those lights! :)

- Cherokee

·
Super Moderator
534 Posts
LOL, with all those lights I believe you'll exceed the capacity of the alternator. Might stall the engine or smoke the alternator.

Is that push bar mounted in the plastic front. I hope you have a cross member in behind it.

The Compass is no JEEP. Just be careful or the Calibre within will jump out and say ENOUGH ALREADY!!! :eyebrows::giggle::police::pat:

FDII Compass' Have larger alternators, as did the 07-10 FDII Patriots, so in theory you could add the larger alternator easily.

Over Kill driving lights project *Done* - Jeep Patriot Forums

THat was my old patriot and I had higher wattage lights everywhere, and never ran into a problem.

I might be a bit pissy but A jeep compass is a jeep and can go offroad, FDII or not and I have tons of videos that prove that, especially in my old patriot

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
FDII Compass' Have larger alternators, as did the 07-10 FDII Patriots, so in theory you could add the larger alternator easily.

Over Kill driving lights project *Done* - Jeep Patriot Forums

THat was my old patriot and I had higher wattage lights everywhere, and never ran into a problem.

I might be a bit pissy but A jeep compass is a jeep and can go offroad, FDII or not and I have tons of videos that prove that, especially in my old patriot
Do you think that the 140amp would do? I like what you did with the Patriot. I now also have the winch up front so there will be a bit more power drawn. There are no heated seats and there is still the stock stereo. What do you think about all that?

A lot of wind drag on the roof line. I guess your gas is cheap for you.
Honestly the drag has gone down about 1/2 mpg. There is a little noise but nothing that will drive me crazy. I'm going to install an LED light bar up top but up front I'm going to install some flood lights.

·
Super Moderator
534 Posts
Post a run down of what you all will be running add on wise, winch shouldn't matter as it's only going to be used at certain times.

·
Registered
22 Posts

I have to laugh cause the first sentence of the Rocky-Road Compass section says, "Who says a Compass isn't a 'real Jeep'???"

Jeep Compass parts and accessories at the lowest prices

1 - 12 of 12 Posts