My Jeep Compass Forum banner

Did the update solve your fading volume issue.

• Yes, the update WORKED, my volume level is no longer fading.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Administrator
2019 Jeep Compass Latitude
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The long awaited over the air update for the radio volume issue has arrived.

Hi everyone,

We are in the process of launching a national over-the-air update that will remedy this concern. Given that the update is over-the-air, there is no need to schedule a dealer appointment to get the fix. In this phased roll out, you will see a pop-up message on the radio screen when the update is available for your vehicle, and the update will happen over-the-air. You can also reference a recent TSB that was released regarding the update here:

Steph
Jeep Cares
Font Screenshot Rectangle Parallel Number

At least one member has installed it and reported that it fixed the issue:
Hi all, I got my update yesterday. Radio issue if fixed. You must turn the volume up higher than you used to, but it worked flawlessly all weekend. FYI, I am in Canada.
If you have received the update please let us know if it fixed your issue or not, in the following thread: Radio

· Administrator
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This thread is ONLY open to discuss the over the air update issued to fix the volume fading issue on 2022 Compasses.

If you have not received the update, please DO NOT reply in this thread. All posts and votes, not related to the actual update will be deleted.

· Registered
25 Posts
Georgef,
At this point, the announcement seems to assume everyone knows exactly how this happens. Because this covers so many critical function, most of us need more information.
Please provide information as follows.
How will we know the update is happening?
Is it safe to be driving the vehicle during the update?
Will the display suddenly restart, vehicle functions be impacted?
Is there some confirmation of completion or success?
At this point, we owners are owed more transparency on what to expect.

· Administrator
2,476 Posts
Georgef,
At this point, the announcement seems to assume everyone knows exactly how this happens. Because this covers so many critical function, most of us need more information.
Please provide information as follows.
How will we know the update is happening?
Is it safe to be driving the vehicle during the update?
Will the display suddenly restart, vehicle functions be impacted?
Is there some confirmation of completion or success?
At this point, we owners are owed more transparency on what to expect.
George, Tyler, and I do not work for Jeep, nor is this site operated by Jeep or Stelantis. Like you, we are Compass owners; we volunteer to moderate the site for VerticalScope the parent company of myjeepcompass.com. VS maintains websites for all sorts of interests -- autos are some of many. Questions are best directed to authorized dealers, or to JeepCares. If JeepCares cannot help you, they can at least point you in the right direction. I'm flagging @JeepCares with this post. Maybe they can respond in this thread.

· Administrator
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
To everyone wondering where their post(s) in this thread have gone, please read post number 2 above.

If you are not reporting directly about the update your post will be deleted.

Reactions: Jasmine
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.