My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So not that I don't already have a million problems with the car but get to add another one on top of it. Wife went to take my kid to an appointment and the car thinks we are trying to break into it while we are driving.

It won't let me upload the movie so here is a link of it misbehaving.

https://ufile.io/h6yn1

:bsmeter:

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a piece of sh*t. The dash lights up like a Christmas tree once a week amongst everything else I've dealt with. You don't screw around with the PATS system. If it thinks someone is "breaking" in, it will lock you out of starting your car so fast your head will spin.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is awful . Are they going to fix that?
Nope. Dealer says "No Code" and "We can't replicate the problem". Short of driving it straight to the dealer when these things happen and leaving it running they cannot do anything. Usually it happens after they are closed on a weekday or on a weekend when they aren't open (obviously).

My jeep... is ....a.....L...E....M....O...N

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I spoke too soon!

I also got the dreaded "Breakin Attempt Detected" notification...................while driving! WTF is with that?
Have fun with that, Dealer hasn't figured my issue out yet. It's not happened since but I have had a multitude of random error issues and they are centering around the BCM. I just called a few minutes ago to my dealer and nothing yet from the FCA STAR team.

·
Registered
11 Posts
WTF, just got the Break in attempted msg tonight. I give up. Thank goodness I'm only leasing the car, though I'll be stuck with it for at least 2 1/2 yrs before I could attempt getting rid of it. Its ridiculous. Between needing quarts of oil all the time and now this...who has time with a new car to go through this. My first and last taste of Jeep for sure.

·
Registered
213 Posts
It's always a gamble to buy a new model from FCA, you are essentially signing up to be a test pilot on your own dime. Unfortunately they don't respond very quickly either and sometimes take years to fix a problem. The 2023 model would be the one to get. Sorry but they really are a third rate company.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have had that "Break In Attempt" message twice (while driving) since February. Haven't taken it in to be looked at yet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts