My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys my throttle body is bad and the stealership wants 500$ for one and apperently my warenty that i bought doesnt cover the throttlebody because its not "powertrain" even tho without it the car doesnt acellerate at all but thats another issue i have to deal with. also they have it listed in Canada at least as a dealer only part so i cant get one from partsource/apc/mopar ect.

any ways just wondering if the junk yard doesnt have any 2011 compasses on the lot what others should i look out for that will use the same throttle body?

thanks

·
Registered
82 Posts
You could probably ask trusted garages about where you can find certain parts aside from the junk yard. They may have some resources you've never though of before.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't know! I see new throttle body's for $60 $200 us range and $400 Oem on line? Don't know a line I would trust as I haven't replaced to many. Had about 40 drive by wires in our fleet and the problem was usually something else.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I've never heard of a throttle body failing that quickly but I would definitely call around to junk yards first to see if anyone has one. Also cross-reference the part number and see which other Jeep vehicles use it and see if you can find one of those as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just had mine die on my 2012 compass at 51000 miles and it was covered under my max care extended warranty w/$100 deduct. It is available thru Auto zone and other auto parts stores price is 175- 275 us $

1 - 5 of 5 Posts