My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been noticing lately on My 2016 Compass Latitude 2.0L CVT that there’s a throttle lag of half a second or more anytime I step on the gas, regardless if at a dead stop or moving. Is this normal? I’m assuming part of it is due to the CVT and I’m assuming that it has an ETC instead of a regular throttle cable being this new. Still should this lag be that long?

·
Registered
875 Posts
Even my 9 speed in the 2nd gen is guilty of some input lag like that, sometimes it makes me very nervous trying to pull out in traffic and it *thinks* for what feels like forever before it finally *goes*. We have a CVT honda civic with the same feature, I wouldn't say its entirely a fault of CVT but more of ETC systems in general. It seems to be their idea of a happy medium to prevent a jerky ride but I still don't appreciate it much and wish there was some options or control over it. There are some products on the market that toy with the electrical signal from the pedal that claim to reduce the lag and make the vehicle more responsive, I plan to try one out someday, they are a little spendy but most have a money-back guarantee.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’ve been starting to do that when at an intersection that I need to cross quickly. I’d like to try this out on the interstate coming off an on ramps to see if it helps but there aren’t any where I live.

Sorry I know I’m a noob but this is the first vehicle I’ve owned with an ETC so it’s taking getting used to, as well as the CVT. The other main vehicle we own is a 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan which still has a throttle cable and a regular auto transmission. So going back and forth keeps messing me up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts