My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
It looks good!!!!!

I have mine with tinted windows. It helps a lot when sun is shinning hard.

Recommendation: Dont tint the windows too much. To drive with highly tinted window can be a pain in the ass.

Cheers!!!

:wjeep:

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
There are sun block film to reflect heat which does more than just darkening the front windows if you have to minimize the solar heat. But anything past a slight tint as some OEM windows have a wee bit if their sides are tinting is asking for trouble. I you're pulled over its something the police can use to either make you remove it or take the vehicle off the road if they deem it to be unsafe.

I will make overcast days and nights much harder to see in. Kind of like wearing dark sun glasses at night. But having said that. I like the colour. Same as mine.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Great look

Right wrt tinting the front, is illegal and police could write a ticket

I am getting my 2 fronts done next week, the back seat windows are OEM tinted and fine so matching the tint

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I considered matching the tint with the privacy glass but went with the 5% because I like the fact people can't peep into my windows. In Arizona, most officers do not write tickets for tint unless they catch you speeding or pull you over for some other reason. At 120 degree highs, 5% tint should be legal anyways!

This is my first time having my windshield tinted so we'll see how that goes with the law enforcement..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
In U.S. it depends on the state. 5% is illegal in all states (I think) but some states are more lenient than others. Tinting the windshield is illegal throughout the U.S. 15% is still pretty dark if you don't want to go all the way with 5%.

·
Registered
22 Posts
You shouldnt have the wind shield tinted because it is not safe and is reckless. Simple.
Driving at night time on dark roads if a person appeared in front of you it will be very hard to see them til its too late!

I have 5% all around on my other car (minus wind shield) and when driving at night, turning into a corner if a person is crossing the road i wont see them until they are in front of me! So my reaction time is crucial.
It does look nice though! But this is one mod that is illegal for a reason, it is not safe.

·
Registered
28 Posts
If you can i would suggest getting a tint Rx. I know it sounds crazy but if you say you are sensitive to light your eye Dr can write you one and you can go as dark as you want on any glass surface on your vehicle!!! I had 2% done on my old Eclipse and the cops stopped me all the time but couldnt do anything bc i had the Rx.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts