My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
brake lights not working. one low beam not working , abs,traction control. is all going haywire. Dash looks like a christmas tree.

I was wondering if anyone has any clue what color is the wire that feeds power from the tipm to the pedal. and where is it on the back of the tipm. because i`ve ohmed it out and nothing matched. so instead of burning up a computer and everything else in the car i figured i`d ask here.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i found where the the output signal goes into the tipm and lights up the brake lights. i`m just not getting current at the pedal.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
at the pedal meaning , at any of the wires on the connector. drk grn/wht is the output that goes into the tipm and lights up the lights. the "red wire is not there anywhere" . I havn`t been able to find the information i`m looking for anywhere. like, is it taboo to know how these cars work?

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I don't have TIPM pin outs but I did find info for mine at the local library where I can login with my computer and access Chilton Auto Manual for the Compass sections via the web browser. Its HTML but i save as to PDF with PDF app driver the interested areas for reference later. Its a poor manual be free and better than nothing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
could anyone check their wires under their dash at the brake switch and see which one has a constant 12v feed. ill run a jumper circuit to it and go from there .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts