My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been requested by a friend to assist in replacing the clutch on his 2.4 2007 Compass.
Upon inspection there is one bolt that appears to be inaccessible without removing the transfer case. Is this correct or am I looking at this the wrong way?
I'm getting a feeling that this might be an engine out job, but I'm certain that there has to be a away to do it without removing the entire engine and transmission complete.
Cheers :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well it looks like I have answered my own question. In order to remove the transmission to access the clutch plate assembly the entire engine/transaxle needs to be removed from the vehicle by disconnecting it and lowering it out of the engine bay.
There is simply no short cut to this process.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well it looks like I have answered my own question. In order to remove the transmission to access the clutch plate assembly the entire engine/transaxle needs to be removed from the vehicle by disconnecting it and lowering it out of the engine bay.
There is simply no short cut to this process.
Sorry I didn't see this sooner (I'm just joining). You are incorrect. My sons and I are just finishing replacing the clutch in my 2008, and we dropped the manual transaxle without the engine. there were a few pretty tricky bolts, expecially around the transfer case. By loosening the engine mounts, jacking the engine up/down, and judicious use of socket extensions/universals as well as ratcheting wrenches we eventually got them all..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts