My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
currently i have mounted my jeep compass 2012 215 60r18 factory tires.
I would place 235 60 r18. Tris can be done???
There is a risk of knocking or rubbing?

Thanks for advice

·
Registered
6 Posts
currently i have mounted my jeep compass 2012 215 60r18 factory tires.
I would place 235 60 r18. Tris can be done???
There is a risk of knocking or rubbing?

Thanks for advice
I just ordered a set of kuhmo road venture apt in that size to go on a set of xd series heist wheels in 18 X 8 with a +35 offset. The tire size seems to be right on the borderline of not rubbing/slight rubbing. As soon as I mount them next week I will post my results. The offset of the wheel seems to have a lot to do with it as well. I really couldn't figure out the math it seemed something like a +18 offset would push the wheel out away from the vehicle??? I played it safe and ordered something closer to stock offset. I figure if its still too close I can just get 1.25" spacers that seem to be popular on here.

·
Registered
147 Posts
An older guy next door here ran 235/60-18 for about 3 years not I think with no problems. Its lifted but the front to back clearance and that stays the same, lift or no lift. You have to watch for brake line and how much side wall of you are getting. He had Kumhos and recently replaced with NT421Q Nitto Tire with noticeable difference.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I finally placed 235 60R18 tires and looks good but have a bit of rubbing on the front. It would be advisable to put spacers ??

·
Super Moderator
530 Posts
I think the factory tires were actually 215/55/18

I have ran 225/60/18 without any rubbing
Also ran 225/55/18 no rubbing.

Spacers will be the only way to get rid of the rub.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts