My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several people I know own the Compass, all of which have replaced tire rods. I would like to know why this has not been a recalled. This appears to be a problem for a lot of Compass owners including me.

·
Registered
339 Posts
recalls are for things that can jeopardize your safety or the safety of others. just because a part is a common fault on a car doesn't mean it's eligable for a recall.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Just because some parts have to be replaced 3 times or more often then other vehicles does not qualify for a recall. They're looked at as a wear item. When they wear enough you replace them whether thats 20k or 100k. That how chrysler looks at it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
We have a 2007 Compass North Edition 4x4 with 27,000km. First set of tie rods and bushings replaced at 19,000km. They now need to be replaced again. I'm wondering if there is the same problem with the Dodge Caliber, and Jeep Patriot?

·
Registered
131 Posts
We have a 2007 Compass North Edition 4x4 with 27,000km. First set of tie rods and bushings replaced at 19,000km. They now need to be replaced again. I'm wondering if there is the same problem with the Dodge Caliber, and Jeep Patriot?
I own a Jeep Compass 2008 and no need to replace tire rods. 69,000km. What i replace is tires, i bought a new set of falken 912, so far are good. Mi main travel is always highway (87mph, 320 miles) twice every other week.

What i have now is a rear noise (right after a hit a huge hole in the pavement). I think every thing is ok, i need to check a the top of the rear shocks, im figuring out how to remove rear plastic covers to see if everything ok.

·
Registered
8 Posts

I have an 07 Compass 75,000 just replaced the inner tie rod on driver's side. That is the only one so far. However, I have replaced the wheel bearings on each TWICE, also ball joints, lower control arms, you name it! I have replaced it. I think Jeep stands for Just empty each pocket. Lol

Next to replace is the power steering pulley/pump and just did the 02 sensor

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I have an 07 Compass 75,000 just replaced the inner tie rod on driver's side. That is the only one so far. However, I have replaced the wheel bearings on each TWICE, also ball joints, lower control arms, you name it! I have replaced it. I think Jeep stands for Just empty each pocket. Lol

Next to replace is the power steering pulley/pump and just did the 02 sensor
Where are you getting the front end parts from or what brand if branded parts. We know the original front end parts are junk. They're extremely poor quality used in 2007 and seem to be much better in later years. If you use Mevotech or Moog I am sure you'd not replace them a second time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts