My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Jeep compass, and everything was Ok until it started getting a bit colder outside. The lo tire alram came up, as well as the TPMS tire symbol on the cluster. I checked all the pressures thinking one was down a bit due to the cold. No, all reading at least 31.5 psi. I raided pressure, lowerred pressure etc. and this lo tire pressure alarm will not clear.
Thinking I had one bad (I only have the simple TPMS system) sensor, I have no idea which one it could be. I had a tire shop check with their TPMS relearn/scan tool and it showed all 4 sensors reading OK.
They advised me to take it to a dealer so they can pinpoint the issue.

Before i do that, can anyone tell me where the TPMS receiver is in the vehicle. I would like to check the connectors etc, and maybe find an issue there.

Thanks for any help on this.

·
Super Moderator
111 Posts
...I raided pressure, lowerred pressure etc. and this lo tire pressure alarm will not clear...
Did you drive it for some distance after you raised the pressure? According to the owners manual:
...Once the low tire pressure warning (Tire Pressure Monitoring Telltale Light) illuminates, you must increase the tire pressure to the recommended cold placard pressure in order for the Tire Pressure Monitoring Telltale Light to turn off. The system will automatically update and the Tire Pressure Monitoring Telltale Light will turn off once the system receives the updated tire pressures. The vehicle may need to be driven for up to 20 minutes above 15 mph (24 km/h) in order for the TPMS to receive this information.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Did you drive it for some distance after you raised the pressure? According to the owners manual:
Thanks for the reply.
I followed the owners manual, any you tube video I could find, took it for a drive, etc. Still no reset. One thing I am finding out real quick, is that there is very little info or help on the www on the Compass.

I will take the driver wheel well inner liner off and check the TPMS receiver module for any wiring issues, corrosion etc. Apart from that, it is most likely the module failure causing the alarm. I will get a new one Part # 56053034AE.

I will post back of my finding to perhaps help someone else in the future.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Just a general comment....one of the great things about the newer cars and trucks is that some models show the individual tire pressure and location. Makes it so much easier to trouble-shoot issues like these. To determine if it is a tire sensor issue you rotate the tire and see if it follows the change or not.

Good luck with your problem!

Baja-D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update: There is no TPMS receiver modules on my 2014 as stated in the service manual. They are supposed to be in the wheel wells.
I finally reduced the pressure to less than 15 psi, then raised the pressure to 37 psi. I took it for a spin, and lo and behold the alarm cleared.
No where in the owner's manual or service manual does it state to raise the pressure so high in the tires.
I had previously only put 32 psi in each tire, and it would not clear the alarm.

Once the alarm was clear, I reduced the tire pressure to 31.5 and the alarm stayed off.

Hope that this helps someone else that is or has gad the same issue,.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts