My Jeep Compass Forum banner

Took a little trip

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  WisHawk 
#1 ·
The wife and I took a little trip to Tennessee for a few days.
Put just under 2200 miles on the Trailhawk.
Vehicle ran great used not a drop of oil and I was averaging right around 30 MPG until coming through Illinois yesterday driving into the wind. So the MPG dropped to 27.8 for the trip average. Hopefully it will last me another 100,000 miles. :)
Vehicle Gauge Font Display device Auto part

See less See more
#3 ·
It seems mine will now likely never even get over 100k no matter how much longer I keep it. My Compass is nice but our Cherokee is really nice and we don't take the Compass on any road trips anymore 😢 We're on a trip through the UP of Michigan right now (second time this year). Have to admit the V6 power is a lot nicer for towing a trailer, and even with the trailer carrying all our bikes and gear we're getting 22-24 MPG out of the Cherokee. So many mods I want to do for traveling, but no point really since it doesn't go more than 30 miles from home in any direction. Oh well, now I can put a lift on it and big ole' ride-wrecking tires and not feel bad since it only averages 10 miles per day 😆

Similar to Jasmine's question above, do you have any significant mods on your Trailhawk like a lift or over-sized tires and if so are you seeing any impact on wear & tear of suspension or drivetrain components?

#4 · (Edited)
Trying to keep things short. The trans was leaking oil the first day I brought it home. FCA replaced the seals. 5000 miles later same thing oil all over. FCA replaced the Trans and the front axles. I have had no issues with that since then, So yes the first 10,000 miles I was like I need to get of this thing. Now it just keeps running with no issues. I still have the original batteries, but will be replacing them this fall. I have been running 3/4" wheel spacers for well over 100,000 miles no issues with that. Original brakes just checked them before trip still over 1/2 there front and back. I replaced all the sway-bar links with metal greaseable ones. Replace the sparkplugs at 90,000.(I have a write up on all that on this forum someplace) LOL.
Had start stop issue that went away after I cleaned and greased all the connections. I have a new set (factory size)
Toyo Open Country A/T II sitting in the garage going on this fall. The factory tires lasted me 65,000 miles. I currently running my snow tires as they would not make it through another winter so I have been running them this summer.
Regular oil changes every 5 to 6000 miles. Full Synthetic Pennzoil Platinum 0w-20. I plan on changing my serpentine belt in the next few weeks also. Well so much for keeping it short.
Stay safe my friends. Drive drain and shocks all seem to be holding up well. Vehicle is not lifted. It does see some slow off road crawling during the fall and winter months (hunting season) and I had the pleasure of pulling out my neighbors Subaru out of his driveway 3 time last winter. LOL
I have a JKU Wrangler for the real off-road fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.