My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to test the oversized tires on the beach for some surf fishing. Compass handled it like a breeze. Didn't even have to air down the tires. 4x4 Sand mode works wonders. Don't let anyone tell you the Compass isn't capable.

Cant wait to do some more off roading and see what she can handle.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Very cool, next year I plan to take my Sport on the beach in New Jersey. Did you need to get a pass to go on the beech? Catch anything?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very cool, next year I plan to take my Sport on the beach in New Jersey. Did you need to get a pass to go on the beech? Catch anything?
25 dollar Striped Bass derby pass for about 3 months.

Just some blue fish.. still a bit early for Striper around my way. Fun nonetheless!

·
Registered
11 Posts
thats some packed looking sand
much diff than what assateague has down here
Yeah I took my Trailhawk stock out in some loose sand. Was backing up down a trail with a dune on the left and slightly went up it and got stuck. Never went off-roading before and had it on Sand mode 4x4 but I didn't realize my traction control was still on. Soon as I flipped it off, it climbed right out of the pit I dug. Kind of embarrassing! grin:

·
Registered
83 Posts
thats some packed looking sand
much diff than what assateague has down here
have you taken your compass to assateague? I steered my wife toward the compass so that she would have a compact SUV with more than just a "basic" AWD. I'm hoping the compass is capable of some beach driving. We have the 4x4 Latitude

·
Registered
83 Posts
Don't trust it to make it or you don't really have the need to even take it out there?

·
Registered
244 Posts
kinda both.
i havent surf fished as much as i used to. summer on assateague is a pain, one on one off lots of times.
the ruts can get deep due all the truck/campers.

and now i have a spot i can park close and walk 50yds

1 - 14 of 14 Posts