My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there a couple of small issues I wanted to get fixed under warranty before the winter hits. One was the driver side molding was starting to peel back by the rear of the window window, the second issue is the "tooling marks" on the rear wing (Dont know what its really called") which I noticed waxing my Jeep last fall. On everyones rear wing where it meets the roof in the rear you will notice 3 tooling marks per say, one on both ends and one center on the wing and since I have OCD it bugs the crap out of me. I looked on the Jeep lot and ever Jeep Compass has these marks and some way worse than others. I had the service manager order me the part and was going to get it replaced but I wanted to see it first before I even thought about sending my Jeep to the paint shop. New the part came in yesterday and sure as hell has the mold or tooling marks in the same spots still so I told them dont worry about it as its plastic and theirs no fixing it and painting over it will just give me what I have now. Supplier quality control is awesome and you'd think before and after painting this piece youd say hey this looks like ass. In the end I still have 2 years on my bumper to bumper and its noted as an issue at the dealership if the paint decides to separate where the tooling marks are

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pics suck but this is both ends, the one in the middle is the same

·
Super Moderator
75 Posts
..so I told them dont worry about it as its plastic and theirs no fixing it...
The plastic should be quite repairable as long as the flaw is all positive, a file and some fine sandpaper would smooth that right out nicely.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wish, its actually an indentation in all 3 spots. Material would have to be added and blended

The plastic should be quite repairable as long as the flaw is all positive, a file and some fine sandpaper would smooth that right out nicely.

·
Super Moderator
75 Posts
I wish, its actually an indentation in all 3 spots. Material would have to be added and blended
That's too bad, on mine there is material sticking out beyond the beveled edge of the trim piece.

I guess I'm lucky, I'm too short to see the flaws without standing on something.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts