My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Automakers learned that hybrids and electric cars need to look differently. Hybrid versions of popular cars such as the Camry and Civic don't sell that well. People who buy hybrid and electric vehicles want the rest of the world to know they drive one. The Prius, as dog ugly as it is, sells well.

Tesla cars are a bit weird too. They're not ugly, but you know it when you see one and that's what the drivers want.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Maybe in an effort to make it affordable they invest in the technology and everything else suffers.
Ideally, you can design a electric car striking different than a traditional car since you are not restricted by a location for the engine, transmission or etc. But for some reason most are boxed shaped hatchbacks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
i'm surprised only one Buick made the list. you couldn't pay me to drive one. and I mean that literally. if someone offered me a free new buick plus cash, I would say, "no thanks".

·
851 Posts
i'm surprised only one Buick made the list. you couldn't pay me to drive one. and I mean that literally. if someone offered me a free new buick plus cash, I would say, "no thanks".
Be smart: take the Buick and the cash, then sell the Buick and you've got more cash. :glasses:
Maybe buy a new Jeep with the cash.

·
Registered
89 Posts
How about the back end of the new 2020 Toyota Supra...looks like a hog snout. Will likely make the list next year.

Redvette2

Attachments

·
851 Posts
Since the designers seem to lack creativity, maybe they could do something with color. We have such a variety of colors to choose from back in the 1960s, today even if a manufacturer offers something besides 3 shades of black, 3 shades of white, 3 shades of gray, the dealers don't stock them. Then they tell us the other colors don't sell. Can't imagine why. :pat:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts