My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I previously posted about the UO141 code. Since that time I have found out that there has been a serious problem with the TIMP. So much so there has been a class action suit and a recall. Not on the Compass but with other Jeeps. However, the same TIMP is placed in ALL jeeps. The TIPM controls many things: car not starting, door locks operating by themselves, lights coming on when car not running. At times it can also cause the Jeep to stop running while driving. The solution is for to spend $1000 to have it replaced, however, how do I know if the replaced TIPM will go bad, and I will have the same problem as before.

Any suggestions or advise welcome. :hyper:

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
No way to know without a Revision # or build date. TIPM are programmable hence the operation varies depending on what is set. Eg Headlights coming on when you open and lock doors again, unlocking with the FOB, how long they run. All that can be programmed even to stay OFF (not the default).

I had mine changes 4-6 time under warranty as the dealer tried to fix various problems which fog lights and temp display which goes and/or controlled by the TIPM as well.

As per the post it depends as knowone reading that has a clue about your build.

It depends ......

1 - 2 of 2 Posts