My Jeep Compass Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not sure about your trailhawk, but I have a 2018 Limited FWD. I purchased a 2020 Sea-Doo 3 up with a single trailer. The ski weighs in dry about 425lbs and the trailer comes in around 400lbs giving me a dry weight of about 825lbs. I had Jeep install a tow hitch package that included hitch, wiring, and new rear fascia.

I have taken it out a few times now and towing has not been an issue at all. As a matter of fact, I was able to use cruise control at 65 on the freeway and averaged 25 miles to the gallon. Stopping did not seem to be an issue and I had no swaying. Backing up the ski into the water with the backup camera really helps and I had no issues what so ever pulling the ski back out of the water with my FWD.

I am attaching a picture of my Jeep Compass with my ski as well as the factory-installed tow hitch.
View attachment 13835 View attachment 13834
hi tony, did you bought your compass limited with tow hitch included? coz i bought mine with no tow hitch. is it possible to buy tow hitch only without replacing the lower fascia. maybe i can cut a hole for the tow cover frame on the original lower fascia (bumper), any suggestions? thankss.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Allan, no I did not have a tow hitch when I bought my Compass. I had it factory-installed as I wanted to be sure to keep my warranty in good standing. Jeep would not install without replacing Fascia. If you do replace the Fascia just be sure they order the right one for the Limited as it has the sensors on there. I believe you can cut out the hole, however, I decided on trying to keep as factory as possible. Here is a site I found that you can order from if you have not already seen this, or you can always go to Mopar parts as well. https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Hitch/Curt/C13363.html?feed=npn&gclid=CjwKCAjw9vn4BRBaEiwAh0muDDpsQNcJH86o9yzwDsrLxk6j8iwobYquZtqSWSGiBC17eJ1y9X0lrBoCwe4QAvD_BwE

·
Registered
2 Posts
how about your wirings for your tow hitch, dis they install it too? how much did it cost you if you mind for both parts and services? thanks tony.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Allan, I had the whole tow package installed that included the hitch, wiring, and the rear fascia with the sensors. I also had an oil change and tire rotation and the total was $1000.00 I believe the tow package itself was around 900.00

I just went to my local Jeep dealer and had them come and take a look at my compass and then I told them I need a complete tow package to pull a jet ski and a single trailer.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts