My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OnRoad said:
Oh, cars in the US/Canada don't need to be towed of course. :roll:

Seriously, I have a real issue with this as well. It was not on my mind when I bought my buggy. It is these days after seeing all the cars off the road in the storms. I also have a growing desire to head a bit off road lately.

I am going to ask my local Jeep dealer next time I am in for an oil change.

Hmm, I wonder if the Caliber or Patriot forum has any posts on this? :?:
The Trail Rated Patriot comes with front tow hooks.
I carry a canoe on my roof rack and for sure cannot find any suitable tie down points front nor back.
It would sure be good to know the proper tow points - gawd forbid - a Compass left the road and had to be pulled out of a snow drift, or needed to be put on a flat bed.
Nice to assume that the tow operator would "know", but what if a rookie kid shows up with the truck and gives you the "don't worry about a thing" line?

THIS IS A SERIOUS QUESTION - and I hope we can get a definite response.

·
Registered
43 Posts
These :?:
Front:
[attachment=1:mo3m5o2f]Ees.jpg[/attachment:mo3m5o2f]
Rear:
[attachment=0:mo3m5o2f]Taga.jpg[/attachment:mo3m5o2f]

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yep. Those are the ones that don't exist on the US/Canada version....
Chrysler probably saved $10/car by not including them on our cars.
(I don't think the threaded holes even exist on out metal assemblies...)

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those are exactly what we need.
How could they decide not to have them on N.American vehicles?

AND SO NOW . . . what is the correct way to pull out our Compass?

·
Registered
44 Posts
i2canoe said:
Those are exactly what we need.
How could they decide not to have them on N.American vehicles?

AND SO NOW . . . what is the correct way to pull out our Compass?
Hook it under the frame and hang on... :p

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dirtball said:
Hook it under the frame and hang on... :p

Bender said:
For pulling it out, from the rear couldn't you just put the sling around the frame?

Great!
As long as this does no damage to the bumpers?
I guess, I like to think the tow guys know what to do/and as well as CAA I have Jeeps own roadside service so should I need to I can call experienced operators. Hopefully never will need to, nor need to have a buddy winch or pull me. (we get alot of ice and snow and my neighbour sometimes helps pulling stuck cars out of the snowbanks with his Land Rover- beats pushing)

·
Registered
362 Posts
Bender said:
For pulling it out, from the rear couldn't you just put the sling around the frame?
There is no "Frame", it uses unibody construction. I installed a hitch so I could use the hitch but I don't know what to use up front.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I believe there should be holes somewhere under the jeep on the sides? All cars have them, tow companies use these holes to hook their chains and to pull them. I'll give it a look whenever the weather clears up here...now u got me thinking....arrrgh... :shock:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Took some photos under my Compass this morning, and I noticed that there is a "hook" in the front on the passenger side....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts