My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was looking for information regarding towing a jet ski for weeks and could not find anything on my model. Manual states it is not recommended for towing, but there were times when I searched it stated 1000lbs.

I purchased a 2020 Sea-Doo 3 up with a single trailer. The ski weighs in dry about 425lbs and the trailer comes in around 400lbs giving me a dry weight of about 825lbs. I had Jeep install a tow hitch package that included hitch, wiring, and new rear fascia.

I have taken it out a few times now and towing has not been an issue at all. As a matter of fact, I was able to use cruise control at 65 on the freeway and averaged 25 miles to the gallon. Stopping did not seem to be an issue and I had no swaying. Backing up the ski into the water with the backup camera really helps and I had no issues what so ever pulling the ski back out of the water with my FWD.

I am attaching a picture of my Jeep Compass with my ski as well as the factory-installed tow hitch.

I hope this helps others in the future searching for this information and puts them at ease.
20200620_085322.jpg 20200619_171302.jpg

1 - 1 of 1 Posts