My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 2.4L compass latitude 4x4 with the newest CVT. Can't remember if ther is a second one or not. I asked the dealer when i purchased if I could put the jeep on a car caddy and pull it behind something. Be said you should be able to stick it in neutral and be fine. Than I had some co-workers say not too. Gonna call the mechanic sometime, but just wanted your opinions. Would it be okay to pull it?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Which way are you going to tow this? Frontwards or Backwards? Not sure which type of car caddy you have. Obviously a full trailer where all the wheels are off the ground is the best option.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car caddy only takes two wheels. All the vehicles we used before were front wheel drive. The compass is a front wheel drive vehicle with the addition of AWD and 4x4. So I was thinking front wheels.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Read the owners manual, it say not to tow, all four wheels must be off the ground or it will cause extra wear on the drivetrain.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. Don't know about your manual, by mine is only roughly 40 pages covering basic things.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts