My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Compass, and want to buy a camping trailer that is OK to pull with it. Is it possible to pull an ultra lite trailer (under 1000 lbs ) ?. Or a folding trailer with it ? Also,any suggestions as to what specifically to buy?:confused:

·
Registered
286 Posts
I have a 2014 Compass, and want to buy a camping trailer that is OK to pull with it. Is it possible to pull an ultra lite trailer (under 1000 lbs ) ?. Or a folding trailer with it ? Also,any suggestions as to what specifically to buy?:confused:
Ur jeep is rated 1000 pounds to pull unless ur have the tow package which let's u pull up to 2000 and if u don't have that u can get It there not that much and real easy to Install I pulled an trailer from this site X4 Tent Pod | Jumping Jack Trailers

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Yes, sure can. See your owners manual for the spec's of that year all the details are in there. 1000lbs was max weight in most years for North America. Other areas may be different. Transmission may also change the number so you really have too look it up.

wind drag pulling affects it more than the weight so the front sq ft of it is something to look at as well.

CURT CLASS III hitch and converter wiring harness and you're ready.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts