My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently was driving home and my 4wd! light started coming on, then going off, coming on... and going off, did this for a few days, now the ESP/BAS light and Traction control light are on w/ my 4wd! light, the 4wd light still sometimes goes out but then comes back 5 or 15 seconds later.

Sounds like a loose wire to me, but I could be wrong, ne1 have any input on this? what it could possibly be?

·
Super Moderator
535 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hah, yes same exact problem, those 2 lights are on and the 4wd! keeps coming on and going off and coming on and so on ..

Please tell me it was something easy to fix?

·
Super Moderator
535 Posts
It was not an easy problem to diagnose or fix, it happened on my old patriot about 5000kms after warranty was up. I will find my bill from the dealership and see what exactly they replaced as I can't remember.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that sucks lol...

if u can find it , thanks I'd appreciate it.. I just blew over $1000 at a dealership couple months ago to replace the engine wireing harness that corroded and stopped my ignition from working.. Really don't wanna take it back there..

·
Registered
6 Posts
same problem

I have the same problem that both of you are having if u can please tell me your solution the dealership is looking at it now but who knows what they'll do thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts