My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,

I'm seeking advice. I'm going in on Thursday to get a rough idea on how much money the dealer will give me as a trade in on my 2007 Compass for a new one with the new Warranty. Not only would I get the Lifetime Warranty I would get the Rallye Edition which I really wanted in the beginning (wasn't available).

Right now I have about 18,000 miles on my Compass. That's half way through the warranty...and it hasn't even been a year.

I think I'm making the right decision,
anyone care to share their opinion?

I'm estimating it will cost me about $7,000 to do the upgrade. With the $2,000 for the Rallye and then another $2,000 for Taxes again. That's leaves me with hoping I get about $21,000 for my Compass.

Any ideas, has anyone sold or bought a used Compass, how much did you pay?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just punched in the numbers at Kelly Blue Book. I may be a little off with the options. I used a random zip code from Tampa.

Condition Value

Excellent
$17,050

Good
$15,945

Fair
$14,035
Hopefully since you would be buying from them again, they would give you a better trade in, although early on is when you are upside down on how much you owe/worth of jeep.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well my Jeep's "paid off." In a sense that my student loans helped pay for it. I was hoping to get at least 18,000 for it. They are selling online for about 21-22. And I have all the options except Sunroof and Rims. They also have a $1,500 incentive for the Compass right now.

Not sure... Will go tomorrow to talk it over with the dealer.

·
Registered
360 Posts
AmercanEagleDude said:
Well my Jeep's "paid off." In a sense that my student loans helped pay for it. I was hoping to get at least 18,000 for it. They are selling online for about 21-22. And I have all the options except Sunroof and Rims. They also have a $1,500 incentive for the Compass right now.

Not sure... Will go tomorrow to talk it over with the dealer.
$1500 Incentive for the Compass? That's the first I've heard of that. Do you have any more details? And would the incentive be available on the Rallye Edition?

:?:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The incentive is on 2007 Compass. It might only be in the US though.

So I went to the dealer today and finally got a trade in price from them. They offered 14,000. What a slap in the face. The KBB suggested trade in value is $17,700 w/o all the options I have on my car. And I looked up ones selling for similar milage @ $20,000. I told them I would come back after I sell it myself.

Anyways.. I'm really trying to find an aftermarket body kit for the Compass. Similar to what's on the Rallye, any idea on how I can get it? lol

·
Registered
360 Posts
AmercanEagleDude said:
The incentive is on 2007 Compass. It might only be in the US though.

So I went to the dealer today and finally got a trade in price from them. They offered 14,000. What a slap in the face. The KBB suggested trade in value is $17,700 w/o all the options I have on my car. And I looked up ones selling for similar milage @ $20,000. I told them I would come back after I sell it myself.

Anyways.. I'm really trying to find an aftermarket body kit for the Compass. Similar to what's on the Rallye, any idea on how I can get it? lol
Yeah they buy it from you for 14000 and then turn around and sell it for $20000... if they're lowballing you on the trade in value why do you want to come back and buy another car from them?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah they buy it from you for 14000 and then turn around and sell it for $20000... if they're lowballing you on the trade in value why do you want to come back and buy another car from them?
Yeah honestly I don't think I would go back to them. I might try the one in Tampa closer to my school. They were actually really good as far as service goes. Maybe they will give me a better deal. I'll see in a few weeks.

But right now I'm not really pushing to trade in. It was just a thought, the idea failed.

So now I just pray for the aftermarket Rallye Kit. (or something similar)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts