My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't get the tow package, but now thinking I might want it...anyone know the part #s/specs of the hitch so I can try to order from dealer, or go aftermarket?

·
Registered
211 Posts
82214659 Hitch Receiver Kit- 2.0", fits Sport/Latitude/Limited Retail $175.00
82215105 Hitch Receiver Kit- 2.0", fits Trailhawk Retail $175.00
82214670 Hitch Receiver Wiring Harness Retail $240.00

I am sure a company like Curtis will have a aftermarket hitch in short order available.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I bet even UHaul has them for anyone looking for a 1 or 2 time use hitch.
Worth checking since this time of the year is when a lot of people start going on road trips.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Emailed Curt earlier in the week, no response...so just called them. They're saying the 13081 hitch will fit.

I'm striking out with google today - did anything change with the frame on the Trailhawk/Compass body style refresh? If not, then it definitely should fit, with maybe an extra rear fascia trim or something, right?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Old Compass will not fit. Frames are totally different. If anything has a even a chance of fitting it may be a hitch off a renegade. IMO

·
Registered
211 Posts
Reactions: MyTtrailhawk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How important is a wiring harness? I really don't think I'll ever be towing anything - just want a cargo carrier for camping trips...if I wanted to grab a wiring kit and do it later, is that relatively simple, or does it need to be done at the same time the hitch is installed?

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
156 Posts
How important is a wiring harness? I really don't think I'll ever be towing anything - just want a cargo carrier for camping trips...if I wanted to grab a wiring kit and do it later, is that relatively simple, or does it need to be done at the same time the hitch is installed?

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk
I know that when towing a trailer you do need it and by default people include them when installing a hitch, it just makes sense to do it then.

Harness is needed to keep your trailer legal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts